M40A1 load data

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M40A1 load data

Just curious what powders, primers, bullets, you guys been are using? Also I was wondering if you guy use small base dies? Thanks

I wouldn't use small base dies for a bolt rifle.

If it's a Raven match chamber it will be match tight but a regular die will get you were you need to be.

Im a traditionalist and load 4064 and found a 4895 load that works really well

8208XBR will make you nice ammo too.

I stick with 4064 and 4895 because I can use them in my Garand.

168 or 175 bullets.

175 if using a Unertl/USO for the drops.
    Last edited by pmclaine; 06-07-2018, 07:16 AM.
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

IMR4895, Nosler Brass, 175 Sierra Matchkings, Winchester Large Rifle Primers, Forester Benchrest Die set.

DW

Comment

IMR4064, LC brass, CCI LRP's, Sierra 168-180 MK's and a 30 year old RCBS full length sizing die, Forester seating die.

Comment

43 gr Varget, 175 smk is a well known accuracy node amongst 308's. If your custom M40 don't shoot that inside 1/2" it aint the rifle. ha

Good luck,
          DT

Comment

Working...
          X