Thought these were retired.....M45A1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought these were retired.....M45A1

Nice to see some still feel the love....

Click image for larger version

Name:	m45a1.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	48656

Taken 10/7/2020
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

I think the USMC return ones that got sold off on Gunbrokers' Gold Member deals were more like :breach of warranty: returns from Camp Jejune only, I seen to recall that came only from the weapons lockers at Jejune who were the ones complaining about them, not a complete USMC service wide official model retirement. The ones that had been distributed to other camps may have continued in service, Pendleton, at sea, etc., but that's what I recall seeing in the warranty return letters and documents, but that's been a while now....
    jack1911

Comment

Anyone blow up the pic or determine........they even look to be cerakote, not the newer "anodized" looking ones.

Thought the warranty had to do with the CK flaking away into the internals.

Also heard that it was only some not all down on the M45A1.

Just bought a Safariland for my USMC crossout.

Got a pistol class coming up in December.

Want to train with the 1911.

Havent decided yet if Ill use my Combat Commander or M45A1.

Whichever I take Im in the market for more magazines if anyone has any Wilson Combat 47CBs they want to sell.

At 7 rounds capacity cant have enough.

Even with my 10 round M&P I found myself a scrambling dude trying to keep up with the 17 round people.

"...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
      X