Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Navy pistol qual for deployment anyone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navy pistol qual for deployment anyone???

This was a Navy Reserve Seebee unit... I will not say the name. I was not impressed. After the mags were filled backwards, the round was chambered wrong. Their gunnersmate wanted to "hammer it out" using a cleaning rod through the barrel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CBMU 202 Reserve pistol qual.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	795.9 KB
ID:	1170

Seabees are good guys. They don't need to know how to shoot as long as they can provide Ac/heat as needed and chilled beer. Leave the guns to others and let them swing their hammers.
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Hammer that out with a pipe, not a rod. Only after disassembling the whole mongasso. And do it in a bagged/bunkered area. Short of that, disassemble and throw the barrel away. Throw that POS away while you're at it...ha ha

Last edited by sandwarrior; 07-03-2015, 01:30 AM. Reason: moved line to private message.

Comment

Originally posted by sandwarrior View Post
        Hammer that out with a pipe, not a rod. Only after disassembling the whole mongasso. And do it in a bagged/bunkered area. Short of that, disassemble and throw the barrel away. Throw that POS away while you're at it...ha ha

Not that I foresee it being a problem here, but 'No handling firearms while personnel are downrange' is a good rule to follow.
        I totally agree with you Sandwarrior. After being a RSO/range OIC for over a decade, I had to break that rule so I ensured that it was oriented in a different direction. I had to use a RTE shop modified screw driver to tap it out with a foam ear plug between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by pmclaine View Post
          Seabees are good guys. They don't need to know how to shoot as long as they can provide Ac/heat as needed and chilled beer. Leave the guns to others and let them swing their hammers.

I have nothing but love for Seabees. They are badass builders and make life bareable.

Comment

We do what we can . And for the reserves.....yeahhhh. I have not been impressed, at least with the officer side.

On an M9 related note, I love that gun. Never shot one before pre-deployment qualification a few months ago and shot a 233 and 234 on my two rounds. It was the Navy course but hey, I am in the Navy .

Comment

Do you guys have the option to use the Sig instead of the Beretta?

Comment

Originally posted by 29aholic View Post
                Do you guys have the option to use the Sig instead of the Beretta?
                Only Chris Costa and the Coast Guard gets to use Sigs. The rest of us in the military use M9s, M1911, M45A1 and Glock 19s. Just kidding about the shallow water sailors.

Scatsob, I have nothing but love for the Navy. Tons of great people there.

Comment

DIA and some other random peoples get to use the SIG's. And what are you talking about "shallow water sailors"? Last time I checked we don't go near water (except in very rare instances like the UCT's and ship-to-shore ops). If it wasn't for the NAVFAC side of the Seabees we would probably be part of the USMC.

Comment

Scatsob, calm down. Chris Costa was Coast Guard...that is why I said Coast Guard. "Shallow water sailors" is a joking term that is used for the Coast Guard. At that portion of my conversation, I was talking about the Coast Guard. I know you are Navy, so I'm not talking about you. Besides, in all actuality, I have love for all of the branches, even the reserves and National Guard. I'd buy anyone of them a beer.

Yes, a few scattered people/units do use a Sig but not as a who service. If I were to list every unit in the U.S. Military, (which I don't know them all) it would be a waste of time because super minuscule In comparison. We have a CID guy that comes in where I work, buys and uses them but HE personally uses Sig on the job, not his unit. Yes, I could count that, or SEALs, and so on but the numbers are SO small it isn't worth it.

DIA...come on. They are just like the military version of the CIA. Yes, they are super special ninja warriors that can only use Sig weapons. Again, talking about as a whole. Do you carry a Sig at your unit? I highly doubt it even though SeaBees have had specialized weapons in the past. I never did in the USMC and I was in many specialized units.

I am speaking as a whole unit and service, not a little group of people who could get them. Is the DIA tiny, nope but compared to the rest of the services...yes.

I'm not trying to sound like a smartass or like I'm attacking you but you are a very literal person. We've had this issue before in the Hide. I'm just trying to be very thorough in my reply.
                    Last edited by Game Warden; 09-04-2015, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Sorry man, let me go remove my foot from my mouth . My post was light hearted, I swear.

Comment

Okay cool. I'm glad we are good. I was thinking that we weren't good. If we're good than who cares? Party on Garth. I'm all for light hearted ribbing.

I bet you could get the funds for a scope if you sacrificed that Knight's SR-25/M110. I know many people who would like that thing.

Comment

Maybe this is relevant:

my (mine, not one of Dad's) first pistol was an Italian made Beretta 92FS. It handled well and digested everything I fed it- even ww2 era Egyptian surplus.

But my 25' groups were always bad. As in big. "I couldn't hit the barn side of a broad"

Dad suggested I try his Sig P226. Holy crap. Groups shrunk like jumping in ice water.

Dad found a Marine that wanted a 92 because he carried an M9 (there's the tie to the thread!!!) and he had a P226. We swapped. He also got my extended magazines in the deal due to cost disparity but we both left happy. I had to get new grip screws because this guy would do an overly thorough cleaning every time. And he clearly didn't have the right driver for the grip screws...

still own it. Never shoot it any more however. Great pistol but that Egyptian crap would not cycle the action. I can live with that.

Comment

Working...
                          X