Need help identifying this m24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifying this m24

So I’m new to the forum I found myself here trying to identify a supposedly genuine m24 I acquired I’m having doubts any help to identify if it’s a repro or a refurb or if it is genuine or maybe even a plain copy in a m24 stock thanks in advance! I tried looking through all the post to identify it but I got lost

Originally posted by Jacobflaugher View Post
    maybe even a plain copy in a m24 stock thanks in advance!
    I'm going with this. The barrel should be marked 7.62. Is the receiver marked as a M24 receiver?

Comment

The receiver is not marked m24 I read somewhere on here that this serial number should be a later model m24 but that’s why I’m looking for confirmation

Comment

I have a Remington M24 that is later than that with the G suffix and it's marked M24 with a barrel marked 7.62

ETA- Also your pic makes it appear to be a short action and if so that's all the proof you need that it's not an M24.
        Last edited by SquibLoadMatch; 05-01-2022, 06:06 PM.

Comment

The bolt handle is wrong, and it is a short action, not an M24.
          DW

Comment

Originally posted by Jacobflaugher View Post
            So I’m new to the forum I found myself here trying to identify a supposedly genuine m24 I acquired I’m having doubts any help to identify if it’s a repro or a refurb or if it is genuine or maybe even a plain copy in a m24 stock thanks in advance! I tried looking through all the post to identify it but I got lost
            Unfortunately, its not even close. Many things are incorrect.

Number one, its a short action.
            Two, it has a varmint profile barrel, not an M24 profile.
            Three, the stock has a cheek riser, while an M24 does not. M24 only has length of pull adjustment.
            Four, the trigger is very likely not an M24 trigger.

Comment

Working...
            X