Rock Island Auction M70

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Island Auction M70

Pockets as deep as that for the M40 not required, but still... at least kinda deep pockets necessary to play.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...-model-70-usmc

I dont see where the actual rifle is "well documented" to the USMC.

Its a beauty and as an aside my builder updated me with photos of my build.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	image001.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	37382
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

• deltawiskey
      deltawiskey commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking great! It won't be long now! : )
      DW

They certainly are being optimistic on the selling price... It will be interesting to watch, thanks for posting this!
    DW

Comment

Its a great rifle but from the "documented" perspective the value is the scope and the rifle is just an accessory.

If you give $5500 for the scope Im guessing $2000 +/- for the rifle.

If this goes $15K mine will be off to RIA when done.
      "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

• pmclaine
        pmclaine commented
        Editing a comment
        How far away is your SN from that one?

• deltawiskey
        deltawiskey commented
        Editing a comment
        My rifle is just a little too old...40401 made in 1940.

• pmclaine
        pmclaine commented
        Editing a comment
        That rifle is going to be awesome.

I'm trying to figure out how the picture of the M14 with the starlight scope has anything to do with it...must just be adding to the implication this rifle was used in Viet Nam.
      I thought better of Rock Island.
      DW

Comment

• pmclaine
        pmclaine commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes picked up on that also.

Army dude with starlight equipped M14 documents USMC M70.....okay.

Sold for $21,850!!!! WOW
      https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...-model-70-usmc
      DW

Comment

Was this a Kors rifle?

Perhaps there is more documentation than what RIA provided.

I understand the M40 they had was legit, and part of the Kors collection, though the RIA info was "weak".

Comment

Working...
        X