Views:	1
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	41155

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1018394[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	41156
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Beautiful!
    jack1911

Comment

Gorgeous and deadly accurate!! Outstanding

Your posts are making me anxious, I can't wait to hear something about mine... Justin sure isn't much of a communicator.
      DW

Comment

• pmclaine
        pmclaine commented
        Editing a comment
        I made a similar post over at SH in the Vintage section and Justin commented.....maybe see if you can needle some info out of him in a cordial kind of way.

That turned out great. (BTW, if you have any H4350 and 175 SMK laying around, I recommend trying 55.3 to 55.5 at 3.335" OAL or - 168 TMK bullets with 55.3 H4350 in LC brass at 3.340")

Comment

I absolutely love that rifle!

Comment

Planning on pulling the Unertl and replacing it with a green Leupold 3-9X M40 replica soon.

I love the Unertl but it gives me the heebie jeebies that Im going to break it or something. I know its tougher than that but still.

I want this rifle to be a little bit more practical. With the Leupold I will zero than just hold mil dots like I currently do with my M40.

Subject to change, this rifle is pretty with the big scope.

The Unertl will be used on a new USMC M1941 Sniper I want to build using a NOS Pre WWII Springfield C stock I have.

I may see if I can get that stock bedded similar to the way this one is.

An M70 is nothing more than a Springfield 03 that was engineered to make a profit in commercial sales. The gov didnt care about profit when they were making 03s
          "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

The M70 looks great nice groups ...

Comment

Working...
            X