Collapse

Its back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with you, looking at that rear sight, clocking your barrel is not the way to fix the problem... Perhaps you can reach out to Raven 6 or LRI and see what they suggest for fixing this issue?
    DW

Comment

Looking at the picture again of my rear sight....It does look like the little indicator piece is biased to the right which increases impact left if I figure thing correctly......that front sight this way, rear sight that way stuff starts to get confusing.

Right now my inclined preference is to have the front scope block and sight holes plugged and than just re-drill based on a straight line of the existing receiver holes.

Hopefully the reinstalled bases would cover the plugged holes.

Its going to upset you but I will go against your sound advice and send it back to Pre64. I paid for something and he is going to provide it.....on his dime now.
      "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

• deltawiskey
        deltawiskey commented
        Editing a comment
        You are unbelievably patient my friend!
        DW

• deltawiskey
        deltawiskey commented
        Editing a comment
        If the reinstalled bases do not cover the plugged holes then I would demand a new barrel. Like you said, you paid for something and he needs to provide it!
        DW

this is so frustrating to read. I am impressed you seem pretty calm over this situation, good for you. I'd be a mess. hang in there....

Comment

Im fortunate in having other really nice rifles to shoot.

Anytime Im down taking a Raven out of the safe will create a smile.

Bad timing on my build....Mark was retired when I was getting this one built and LRI hadnt got their Model 70 programs running.
        "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
        X