Need some Lyman 48 receiver sight parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some Lyman 48 receiver sight parts

I was zeroing the sight on my pre 64 Model 70 and the little, teeny, tiny set screw that secures the windage knob split at the screw slot rendering it useless as a set screw.

Id like to get a set screw to repair it. Searched Ebay and Im sure continued searching there will eventually end up in finding one....

Interested to know if there is any specific place though that may sell parts or perhaps someone knows the McMaster Carr equivalent...I wouldnt have a clue on nomenclature to try to find a current maker option.

If I can order new Id like to get some windage spares and some elevation spares...cannibalizing a very nice WJS sight to get my WH sight operational I found out it seems the elevation and windage set screws are different.

This is the sight in need of parts...

Thank you for any help that can be provided.
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

maybe this one?

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/541730
    jack1911

Comment

Possible.

Nice find. Thank you.

Might be worth the $3.50 just to throw it away.

I have this in my mailbox if my other RFIs yield no results.
      "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Got a reply from an aptly named place.....Old Gun Sights LLC

http://oldgunsights.com/Inventory.html

They have what I need and parts will be ordered.

All you people that have spent this entire day searching parts bins......Thank you!

Comment

Not for nothing, but you may find that a True Value store, near you, just might have what you're looking for. 6-48's, 8-40's, 4mm shoulder screws for scope rings, tiny e-clipsfor example. Taking a look only costs you a bit of time and you might be surprised at what's there.

Glad you were able to find what you needed.

Comment

Originally posted by BoltTrash View Post
            Not for nothing, but you may find that a True Value store, near you, just might have what you're looking for. 6-48's, 8-40's, 4mm shoulder screws for scope rings, tiny e-clipsfor example. Taking a look only costs you a bit of time and you might be surprised at what's there.

Glad you were able to find what you needed.
            I agree with you....was surprised that my local True Value does carry blued "gunsmithing" screws in the typical thread/pitch.

The store actually is impressive with what they carry.

Only downside is everything being marked "Made in China"

Comment

Working...
            X