Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advertisement

Collapse

"American Sniper" Remington M700 Mk 13 - as used in movie, on display at NRA museum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "American Sniper" Remington M700 Mk 13 - as used in movie, on display at NRA museum

I was in the NRA museum (Fiarfax, VA) recently and took a couple of pics of the M700 Mk 13 replica used in the movie, American Sniper.
    Just an fyi pic for anyone interested.
    Replica M700 Mk 13 as seen in NRA museum American sniper movie prop

Hello very nice pictures of the MK13 used in the movie , there was an article in RECOIL magazine about the riles used in the movie , thanks for posting geoff3

Comment

Yep, and here's the picture from the Recoil article, same rifle now in museum.

Comment

Thanks for for posting I wish that my MK13 build was done.

Comment

Yes it was made at McMillan rifles In 2012-2013. There were two build for the movies and one built for me. The only issue is the action is McMillan Rifles not McBros as with the original. Everything else is spec. The story behind Kyle's use of that particular rifle and how acquired it is very interesting.

Comment

• pmclaine
            pmclaine commented
            Editing a comment
            Really, gonna leave us hanging like that.......sadistic streak, huh?

Hello what other bolt rifle was used in the movie (American Sniper) that had the Leupold scope on it towards the end of the movie I know it wasn't the same rifle. I know in the movie he used an scoped AR-15, MK13 and the last seen where he takes the long shot before the sand storm ,thank you geoff3

Comment

I believe it was a McMillan Tac-338.

Comment

yes, correct but a "McBros" or "G McMillan and Co" action not the newer Tac338 McMillan Rifles.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. Would love to see some pictures.

Comment

Hello go to the McMillan website and go to the museum video Kelly McMillan talks about the Tac 338 Chris Kyle used in service geoff3

Comment

Dan Ross built the Mk13 Mod 0's for the movie (Alan Brown and High Caliber Sales build the Mk13 Mod 5's and Mk12's), they were contracted by Independent Studio Services prop house. ISS said that it was near impossible to track down original MIRS rails, so they traded a collector 2 custom rifles for 2 rails! They also made rubber copies to get thrown around during action scenes. I think ISS gave Dan one of the rubber rifles and the rest were auctioned off.

Movie used Mk13 Mod 0 rubber rifle:

https://propstore.com/mobile/product...-sniper-rifle/

ISS made other dummy guns for the movie, these were also sold at auction:

https://propstore.com/mobile/product...-sniper-rifle/

https://propstore.com/mobile/product...-purpose-rifle

https://propstore.com/mobile/product...-punisher-logo

Here's some posts that ISS made a while back showing the movie guns and providing some info:

Click image for larger version  Name:	feuIIgp.jpg Views:	1 Size:	277.3 KB ID:	34943
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	IeloB0K.jpg Views:	1 Size:	332.8 KB ID:	34944
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	4raAcmF.jpg Views:	1 Size:	348.4 KB ID:	34945
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	oAgFlBZ.jpg Views:	1 Size:	211.4 KB ID:	34946
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	mxCqxD8.jpg Views:	1 Size:	337.2 KB ID:	34947
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	fvENUVg.jpg Views:	1 Size:	211.8 KB ID:	34948
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Z3vaPYf.jpg Views:	1 Size:	271.2 KB ID:	34949
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	X2U1bZl.jpg Views:	1 Size:	156.7 KB ID:	34950

Rubber rifle made for the film:

Click image for larger version  Name:	227612.jpg Views:	1 Size:	116.4 KB ID:	34942

Comment

Working...
                    X