Collapse

Remington factory 40x xm3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xm3 coming up at CMP. Looks like no scope no book. Search under item number 4589.
    jack1911

Comment

#4589 at CMP, no PVS-22 either.

Comment

Could someone give me a more detailed explanation on the butt spacer parts system on theses stocks (to change the pull length)? (- 12.25" to 13.75" length of pull). Were these butt spacers made by McMillan or someone else, how many spacers were included in the original kit, etc.? I am trying to put together a correct stock. Also, if someone has one of the XM-3 stocks that were left over at IBA when they closed that you want to sell, please let me know. Thanks.

Stock:
        - McMillan A1-3 (A6)
        - Olive color
        - Remington 700 short action inlet
        - 12.25" to 13.75" length of pull
        - Pachmayr Decelerator pad
        - Wichita sling swivels
        - Eagle Industries Shooter's Rifle Stock Pack, olive drab, P/N 350001
        jack1911

Comment

you could get one built at mamillan still i think if you spec it out, last time i contacted eagle via email they sold me a couple olive packs even though they werent on the site.
          off the top of my head i would say the spacers are quarter inch. i have a loose one i can look at if i remember...

Comment

That sounds about right as to the size of the spacers. I think I see 4 of the spacers on this gun, and one loose in the case. I'll check with McMillan. Thanks
            jack1911

Comment

That things gonna go high! Very cool.
              Wouldn't be surprised if its goes for 8k.

Comment

i think they pulled the auction, there was thing about that was worth noting, that wasnt. maybe they caught it?

Comment

Yup, CMP posted this message: "The rifle had to be removed due to unforeseen issues. We will not be reposting this rifle, but I will be listing another XM-3 soon."
                  jack1911

Comment

So what was up with the rifle?
                    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Working...
                    X