XM3 Range Report (10-11-2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM3 Range Report (10-11-2020)

Evening everyone, figured I'd post some range results from the Corley XM3 I received about a year ago. I've had some very good results with 175 SMK's but have been developing a hunting load with the Berger 175 VLD-H's.
    I've settled on 43.5 grains of Varget, 210 M primer and COAL of 2.880". This results in a MV of 2615 fps (suppressed). The VLD's are funny about seating depth. I have tried them fairly short in the COAL 2.820" range and didn't have great results. In my chamber, the VLDH's touching the lands is approx COAL 2.887". So I'm 5-7 thousands off lands depending on exact seating depth. These do not fit in magazine, 1 at a time rounds.

Overall, the rifle is fantastic, and shoots well. (Not as good as my Raven A1 but a 24'' bbl is hard to compete with!)

Pictures are from today. Weather conditions fair, west wind 8-12 mph.
    I'd say less wind would've stacked the group at 2 to 2-1/2" at 300 yards. Wind had some negative affect. Dope at 300 yards was 1.3 UP, 0.2 LEFT.
    Attached Files

Very nice looking rifle

Comment

Damn that's good. Do you think it would it shoot even better without the lead sled or the can?
      jack1911

Comment

I’ve had worse results on the bipod keeping it unloaded as much as possible.

When I’m hunting I use the bipod pretty often and just know I’m not squeezing out as much accuracy. It usually doesn’t matter.

I haven’t seen anything affect suppressor on/off at ranges 350 yards and under.

Comment

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
        X