XM3 build begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM3 build begins

I'm not really getting anywhere with my M40 project as things keep coming up - like a nice stainless receiver.

Anyone know where a guy can find the correct Ti base and recoil lug or NV mount?

Comment

• kft101
      kft101 commented
      Editing a comment
      Unless you really need the titanium base and recoil lug, Badger Ordnance makes near identical steel parts. Specifically, the Badger base would be 1005-306-​06 UX.

Thats going to be tough. An XM3 kit sold on the hide about a month ago. You can always use badger unless your dead set on being 100% correct. I’ll say this, they both hold a scope and PVS-27 the same.....

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting...s-kit.7053141/

Another hard component to find will be an olive molded A1-3 stock....mcmillan doesn’t offer solid color molded in finishes anymore.

good luck

Comment

McMillan won’t even do a solid molded-in OD green? I know they’ve stopped doing that a while ago for most solid colors, but always made an exception for OD green due to its use in contract stocks.

Comment

Originally posted by kft101 View Post
        McMillan won’t even do a solid molded-in OD green? I know they’ve stopped doing that a while ago for most solid colors, but always made an exception for OD green due to its use in contract stocks.
        McMillan is not McMillan anymore.

I thought the family sold.
        "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

The family may have sold, but McMillan stocks as a company is still running with many of the same people before the sale.

The info about them not doing solid molded-in OD green is incorrect. I know a guy that placed an order for an XM3 spec stock earlier this month, including the molded-in part. It’s probably just all other solid colors that they won’t do, and haven’t done for a while now. Just call up their sales line and talk with them about exactly what specs you want. Be exact, as any vagueness or assumption on either side about the stock details will probably result in something you didn’t expect.

Be prepared to pay though, as retail costs had risen over the recent years.

Comment

I talked to them and ordered a stock in may. I just asked for an XM3 spec stock and they went over the details, including molded-in olive. Only questions they asked were limb saver vs. presentation pad, and what is the cylinder length? They only inlet for the badger EFR and are unable to inlet for the Colorado Micoprecision, according to the sales rep I talked with.

Comment

• reese3303
              reese3303 commented
              Editing a comment
              That's good to know. I guess it depends who you speak with.
              The person I talked to said it wasn't offered anymore because they were losing money with how much labor it costed.

But that was very early this year.

I have a new old stock XM3 stock with Badger bottom metal (still in the white) and Hart barrel if someone needs. I have my XM3 being built and it will be excess to my needs.

Comment

I also forgot to add that they don't put the Wichita sling swivels in either.

Comment

Originally posted by animaldoc View Post
                I also forgot to add that they don't put the Wichita sling swivels in either.
                Not sure where everyone is getting the info that McMillan is no longer doing this or that, but per this recent XM3 stock order from someone I know (details redacted because of all y’all clone stalkers out there), solid molded in OD green and Wichita sling swivel installs are still being done. For military clone stocks anyway.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0547F9AF-E3B7-4708-B07C-261AD16F7D93.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	50191
                Attached Files

Comment

• reese3303
                  reese3303 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Like you said, you must have to specify "military clone".
                  $1055 isn't bad, I paid $950 for mine a couple years ago
              Working...
              X