USMC M14 DMRs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USMC M14 DMRs

The first is a picture of me and the other is of a buddy. Both were over there in Iraq.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DMR.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	1159

Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000178.JPG
Views:	410
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1160

Do you like the pistol grip style of the DMR? Pros and cons VS standard grip?

Comment

The only CON I found to the McMillan USMC M2A DMR stock was the price (for a person, not DoD.) the grip allows you to pull the rifle firmly into you shoulder. The cheekrest lets you achieve proper cheekweld/stockweld. The length of pull usually isn't needed but is a nice option. The bipod makes shooting that beast awesome.

If any of you don't have experience shooting the M1 Garand/M14/M1A type rifles, grip and cheekweld/stockweld is everything. If you have the wrong grip and your head isn't just right, you will bang the shit out of your lip and gums. This means for the next few days your damaged good looks will give regular mortal men a chance at the ladies. When you use that stock, those issues are all eliminated.

Even cleaning the DRM at the 1st echelon level (user) was authorized. The end user could strip the action from the stock and clean it and remove debris from between the rifle and stock. It was the greatest thing I had for multiple target engagement. I was lucky enough to temp-loan one from some friends in country because they temp-loaned 5 Benelli M1014 shotguns from me. I only got to use it for three months but wow, it was awesome.

Comment

Good report . Thanks!

I have a M25 Navy Seals style build in progress with a M3A stock. I might do a DMR as well, but not sure about the look and feel of the pistol grip. I might trade the M3A for a M2A.

Comment

Last edited by BoltTrash; 11-05-2016, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Bolt,
            Your receiver will make ANY M14 sniper except the USMC DMR, they rear lugged them. All the others, XM21, M21, EMR would use your receiver.

Comment

Badgerord is right. The true DMR is lugged but I have made two "DMR" clone type rifles that were non-lugged and they shot fine.

This guy sells the lugs for them. He is an old school 2112.

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx...Sellers=867357

Comment

Last edited by BoltTrash; 11-05-2016, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Mine will be lugged. LRB 25 receiver.

I didnt know the DMR was lugged. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Bolt,

You are right about the stocks, the impregnation process was developed for the XM21 project. I doubt the stocks were rejects, they needed a bunch of them, I don't think they waited around for scrappers to come off the line to fill the need in Nam.

Comment

Last edited by BoltTrash; 11-05-2016, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X