Couple of XM-21 builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of XM-21 builds

Just a couple of builds I thought would compliment this section. Both are built on Armscorp NM receivers using USGI parts.

This one is sporting an ARTEL scope Click image for larger version

Name:	xm21%20artel_zpswltizsks.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	15183
    Click image for larger version

Name:	xm21%20artel%20close_zpsglammfjv.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	254.7 KB
ID:	15184

This one is sporting an ART II, resin impregnated stock, repro Sionics suppressor, and AN/PVS-2

Name:	XM-21ampAN-PVS2_zps18abd4f7.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	15185

Here are some pics of the suppressor

Name:	Sionics%20assembly_zpsmoc4qxt4.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	317.5 KB
ID:	15187

Name:	M21%20Sionics%20assembly%202_zpsu1wtusls.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	413.6 KB
ID:	15188

Comment

Nice guns! We dont see XM21 builds very often. Especially with genuine parts. Thanks for sharing.

I remember the gun with the silencer. Was it from a post on Sniper's Hide maybe? That's a Sionics replica if I remember correctly.

Comment

That's right, I had posted this previously on the Hide. I used some photos of real Sionics suppressors and was able to calculate the external dimensions. I drew up some bacis plans and the wonderful crew at Thunder Beast was able to make this happen for me.

Comment

I remember that thing too. It is the only one that I ever wanted. I think you did a genius move having it made the way you did. Very nice.

Comment

That's bad ass...draw it up and machine it. Cool rifles.

Comment

Very nice! Cool stuff!

Comment

My 3 generations of XM21s

[URL=http://s1197.photobucket.com/user/tokiwartooth2/media/20141207_100640_zps9h75l9oh.jpg.html][/
                Last edited by tokiwartooth; 04-12-2016, 06:24 AM.

Comment

My AR TEL restoration

Comment

Look what I found. My bad Irish teeth. My broken implants.... Ever take a broken screw out of wood? Now imagine having that done to your lower jaw

Last edited by tokiwartooth; 04-12-2016, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Here is an AR TEL partially disassembled. You see how they machine rhe gen 2 zoom ring down and sleeve it into the CAM. That's a gen2 above it that I was turning into a clone AR TEL for someone.

Comment

The ART II reticle... Heavy duty.... Notice the cant?

Comment

• SemperFi
                          SemperFi commented
                          Editing a comment
                          What's the story on the reticle cant?

• tokiwartooth
                          tokiwartooth commented
                          Editing a comment
                          This is the event that turned me off to Ironsights. I bought this scope from someone who just got it back from Ironsights after a year wait. I had the paperwork and all. First time I took the scope out, twisted the cam, and the reticle goes with it. Ironsights refused to cover the work saying the warranty is "non transferable", so I had to send it back in (for 18 months), had to pay $300 for a new tube, apparently on top of the reticle lock ring threading being stripped, the reason it turned was the erector/reticle assembly is held vertically in place similar to how a Unertl 10x objective lens is through a key/raceway design. It was worn.

They are very nice each one of them can't decide which one I the most

Comment

Toki,
                          Beautiful stuff as always. Love the work you do, keep the photos coming! Regarding the implant, they're going to have to trephine that bitch out. Its a dicey situation but I'm sure your surgeon is a solid operator.

Comment

Here is an example of the QD ART II mount and cradle. These were not used by the military on M14s, but created for LEOs and the commercial market.. I found this at LRB, I guess Lou didn't know what it was gave it to me for $60. It was painted gloss black, but I knew what it was, stripped it and reanodized grey.

Last edited by tokiwartooth; 04-13-2016, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
                            X