No announcement yet.

Couple of XM-21 builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have a loose, wobbly cradle on your ART II, it's THESE screws that need to be tightened. Remove the scope from the cradle to get to them.

Comment

1st iteration of the XM21, using the existing stock of M84s and placing them in the M1C G&H mounts. Army Weapons Command made rhe receiver mounts for these, they are very hard to come by and the hardest part to find if wanting to do one of these builds. These are excellent 1 point mounts due to the fact they are steel and don't heat up at different rates as aluminum does, which is a contributor to why aluminum mounts get loose on the M14 platform.

Comment

The G&H M1C mount. You can tell this was used on an early XM21 as the M1 serial # was grinded out and the last 4 digits of the M14 was stamped on

Comment

Originally posted by molonlave View Post
          Here are some pics of the suppressor

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n15187[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n15188[/ATTACH]
          Is it a fake suppressor? I'll tell you why... Here in NY, I either have to fix my mags on my M14 types, or remove barrel threads. I've done both. Some of my rifles with current prod barrels, I've grinded off the threads and created a set-screw held "ornamental" flash hider. But it looks like this suppressor doesn't need the muzzle threads, so if it's ornamental, it's a great option.

Comment

It is a fully functional suppressor. The barrel threads approx 5" inside the suppressor, so the suppressor ends up extending back over the barrel. The collet and nut support the rear of the suppressor.

Comment

It is a fully functional suppressor. The barrel threads approx 5" inside the suppressor, so the suppressor ends up extending back over the barrel. The collet and nut support the rear of the suppressor.
              So it still threads in... Well, there goes that idea... Anyway, fake Sionic suppressors are no where to be found.

Comment

One more question... Do you know if they used Canadian Arsenal barrels on XM21s? I know they were used on NM rifles, but they don't go into barrels to much in the Sniper section of "The History of the M14"
                Couldn't find mention of it in Different's book either.

Comment

I've never some across that piece of info either. But, I also wasn't specifically looking for it. I'll do some more research as see what I can find.

Comment

I've never some across that piece of info either. But, I also wasn't specifically looking for it. I'll do some more research as see what I can find.
                    Yeah, I have a medium profile MFR NM barrel that I will eventually install on an ART II M21, but looking for a USGI profile for my early XM21/AR TEL build.

Comment

Working...
                    X