New 'old' McMillan m1a stock : D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 'old' McMillan m1a stock : D

Not positive if this is the best place to post about it but I had to brag about snagging this old McMillan m1a stock off gb several weeks ago. I don't have an m1a but it matches the htg stock I had too perfectly to pass up.

I've not owned an m1a before so I've got a lot of fun learning ahead of me.

Wow, those are both super nice (!).
    That old McMilian M1A/M14 stock is what I would like for a replica M25 build I am under taking. I must confess some jealousy...
    Nice catch.

Comment

Very nice...I was bidding on that one as well.

Comment

What a pair! Very nice!

Comment

Why is it that whenever someone takes a picture of their rifle on the floor they always get their feet in the picture?

Thats a great find.
          "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

That is a great find. I have been wanting to get a smear M14 stock like that. Looks real good next to the a1 stock.

Comment

As a study piece it almost looks like McMillan had a specific process for doing their finger paint smear pattern rather than it just being a haphazard application of color.
              "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Whoah, sweet! Definitely family heirlooms right there.

Comment

Handsome stock! Phil makes a good point, very similar type pattern between the two. That will make a very nice pairing!

Comment

There is defininitely some uniformity to the camo pattern on these two. Even on the other side. And they both seem to have the K, meaning Kelly McMillan probably did the camo himself.

Comment

just awesome nice !!

Comment

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/642898683

I ran across this m1 on gb today that has an old McMillan on it. Could be easily missed too as the title doesn't mention McMillan. I'd be interested myself but can't go for this one so I hope someone else here gets it.
                        Last edited by mo1826; 05-04-2017, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• deltawiskey
                          deltawiskey commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Nice find!
                          DW

• Majikani
                          Majikani commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Couldn't resist, bought it...

• pmclaine
                          pmclaine commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Glad I missed this. Great buy.

Good buy for that price. A neat stock for sure, me thinks it could be used for an XM25 build.

(if you happen to find yourself with a spare SAI receiver in the 48k range, please keep me in mind...;-)

Comment

It's a cool stock and an interesting rifle. I see it more as a late M21, early / mid 1980's, than as an XM21 myself.
                          Random, I do have 48k range receivers but they are busy being rifles right now...
                          ;-)

Comment

Majikani - Did the US Army used McMillan M1A fiberglass stocks on late M21s (circa 1980s)? (Obviously XM21s had wooden stocks, given the 1970s era) Everything I have read suggested wooden stocks on M21s, but maybe I missed something in the literature...can you point me to a reference? (I have M14 books by Senich, Iannamico, Lee Emerson and a few others)

I thought the XM/25 circa 1988 ushered in the use of McMillan fiberglass stocks ...but if M21s used them too, I'd like to read about that for my own education. (I heard you have bought a 48k receiver, since I have a 48k and 49k SAI NM rifles, I had to ask...)

Comment

• Majikani
                              Majikani commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Email sent...

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
                          X