Advertisement

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM-25 (Smear Stock Build)

Lucked out last month and picked this up. I was originally just interested in it for the stock, but once I had my hands on it it turned out to be very special indeed. It left Springfield as a National Match April 9th 1981 and was converted to a very nice match rifle at some point by Gus Fisher (Red nail polish on sights, Marine Tex bedded, bedding around the hand guard clip,Glue near front band, Gas plug small hole drilled). Theres no way to know if it left Springfield in the stock but a member on another forum has one very similar with a close serial number that believes his did leave in the smear, but there is no way to confirm that. It is very special and deserves to be turned into a very accurate spec XM-25.

XM-25 Parts List

Already Have:
    -Bausch and Lomb 10X Tactical
    -McMillan Smear Stock
    -Leupold MK4 30MM Rings & Badger 30MM Rings
    -Brookfield Precision Tool (BPT) Scope mount

Parts Need:
    BPT Stock liner - (Hopefully one more batch being made by Mitch M in the spring)
    BPT Op-rod Spring guide -
    BPT Gas Piston -
    BPT Sling swivel mount -
    Gene Barnett med. wt barrel or equivalent -
    Non-hooded NM aperture-

Whats the status on Gus Fisher? He used to post at Jouster a lot but havent seen him ion line n a while.
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

According to the guys on the m14forum he was doing well at least a few months ago, still goes to gun shows but stays off the computer. I think the computer screen was hurting his eyes and he had some retina issues.

Comment

• pmclaine
        pmclaine commented
        Editing a comment
        Smart guy.

I enjoyed his comments/knowledge of building match Garands for the USMC.

That's going to be a very XM25 ,geoff3

Comment

The only thing I would change on that rifle is the owner.

Comment

• macethetemplar
          macethetemplar commented
          Editing a comment
          But where would it go?! Its far too crowded in that shop of yours it wouldn't receive any attention lol

• Raven 6
          Raven 6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Now that hurts my feelings. Well if I had any feelings it would hurt.:-)

Parts Needed: Gene Barnett med. wt barrel or equivalent -
        You might be interested in this prospective option, just need a few more barrels to make it economical:
        http://m14forum.com/m14/419689-any-i...ht-barrel.html

fyi...

Comment

• macethetemplar
          macethetemplar commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Random, Anyway you could PM me the maker or is he not telling you either? If Im not going to get an original Id want it to be the very best.

One beautiful stock!

Comment

• macethetemplar
          macethetemplar commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! Well worth all the hours it took to find one!

agree with you for sure

Comment

Working...
        X