My MK12 Mod 0 clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My MK12 Mod 0 clone

A few pictures of my MK12 Mod 0 clone, unfortunately here in WA State I can't have a true lower, not that I could afford it anyways. So it rides on a very old Rock River Lower.

Build specs,
    Ops Inc 12th Model suppressor
    Ops Inc collar & brake
    Gene Barnett contract barrel
    PRI Gen 3 rifle length round forend
    ARMS #38 SPR PEQ-2-3 SWAN sleeve
    Colt Upper, bolt/carrier
    ARMS #40L-SP, I do have the standard #40 but I just like this rear sight
    LMT Sopmod stock instead of an A1
    Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x24 Mil-Dot reticle, MOA turrets, zero stop, NVD settings
    ARMS 22 mediums
    PRI Gasbuster

A few things that I have changed, the lower has a Geissele SAA-E, Ergo grip and a BAD lever, simply put my work rifle has these, so do my two AR's.
    I changed the Colt bolt carrier out for a Young Manufacturing National Match Carrier and run a H2 buffer, the rifle cycles exceptionally well suppressed or unsuppressed. As for accuracy, I actually shot it at a precision rifle match once, now I will admit I used MK262 and the furthest target was 793, but I placed in the top ten which even surprised me because the targets weren't that big.

I love that round PRI handguard. Is there any/much flex in those? Nice the Night Force will be milking the cash cow every few years and producing scope for the repro builder. Wish USO would do same with the MST. I suspect they will just not as formally.

Someday I may have to get a high caliber sales upper or just gather up parts.
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

• mjh30
      mjh30 commented
      Editing a comment
      PM, IMHO I don't think there's much flex at all, its a pretty sturdy rail and I don't know why they changed it when they went to the mod 1. I actually got the can, brake and collar from Kevin at HCS. Kevin and Alan's uppers set the standard, I just had most of the pieces in hand, the only thing I had to get done was get the flats cut for the set screw front sight. As for the scope, well she's old, the serial number is pretty low, but if anything ever happens it will be last thing I ever sell.

• pmclaine
      pmclaine commented
      Editing a comment
      Great rifle. Thanks for the update on the details.

Now that's pretty fucking cool.

Comment

Good looking rifle.

How does it shoot?

Just found the site in looking for M40A5 info and new(ish) to bolt guns, do have a MOD1 clone with the upper from HCS that does pretty well, kinda heavy though.

Comment

Yeah they are heavy, HCS makes some very good stuff. With regards accuracy, I had the barrel a while, contract barrel that I got from Monte Leclair, it flat out shoots. I ran it in a PRS match once and did pretty good but the furthest target was only 800.

Comment

Not sure how to delete the Photobucket links, but a few pictures of her now. Unmarked CS Colt a1 stock and a 2004 3-9x36 MK4 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170803_102425132_HDR.jpg
Views:	1332
Size:	3.71 MB
ID:	31588Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170217_195308711.jpg
Views:	1240
Size:	3.90 MB
ID:	31589

Comment

Working...
          X