Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The problem with looking is eventually you find stuff.

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem with looking is eventually you find stuff.

Some of you know I’m looking for a .22 target rifle. Basically a trainer but I’m not going to make an M40 out of it or anything.

Today in one of the local spots I found some Anschuntz rifles. These are the Savage/Anschuntz models. From what I can gather, Savage was the distributor during this time frame.

Anyway, looking for input on this particular one. Sights (Redfield Olympic) in tact and it comes with a Case sling and accessories- I don’t know exactly what is included.

Looks clean and well cared for. Not flawless but nice. Good blueing and wood finish is original and nice.

Many reason to avoid? What’s a typical price for something like this?

Hey J!m, just fyi....I have seen several USMC Remington 40X .22RF on Gunbroker and GunsInternational over the past several months. They seem to have been going for just under a gand usually. The .22's are "usually" just under a $1000-1500 bucks. Just an idea for ya....Think there is a US Property marked one listed now on Gunsinternational now for $1400ish......I bought one about a year or so ago with a Weaver T10 for $1400
    Last edited by rlm8541; 01-27-2018, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I’m leaning toward the Anschuntz offerings and this one, though the most expensive on offer, is well below $1000.

I’d rather put the big bucks toward an M24.

One if the two local shops had an indoor range. I wanted to see if they might allow a rimfire rifle for noon time dot drills...

Comment

Right on.....Cant go wrong that way ether. Good luck with the hunt....The .22 is super cheap fun and is a great way to practice your fundamentals.

Comment

Working...
        X