40X .22lr M40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project update...
    Today I sent my 40X/M40 parts and the 40X/M24 along with a Krieger and a Benchmark barrel to Jonathan Elrod at Modacam Custom Rifles.
    Hope to have a range report in about 6 weeks!
    DW

Comment

I have to say, Jonathan Elrod at Modacam Custom Rifles really is an outstanding gunsmith!
      I got my barreled actions back from him, the 40X M40 is gorgeous. Its too nice actually, now I need to buy a better M40! I haven't gotten the 40X M24 back together yet, I'm waiting for a part... so for now here is the M40!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03686.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	2.89 MB
ID:	48547

Comment

• kft101
        kft101 commented
        Editing a comment
        Noyce! Is that a Taylor M40 stock?

• deltawiskey
        deltawiskey commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, it is a Taylor stock.

I will get it out to the range this weekend, and then its off to the woods

Name:	DSC03689.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	3.25 MB
ID:	48549

Comment

• steveu
        steveu commented
        Editing a comment
        Will be waiting on the range report.

Originally posted by deltawiskey View Post
      I have to say, Jonathan Elrod at Modacam Custom Rifles really is an outstanding gunsmith!
      I got my barreled actions back from him, the 40X M40 is gorgeous. Its too nice actually, now I need to buy a better M40! I haven't gotten the 40X M24 back together yet, I'm waiting for a part... so for now here is the M40!

Name:	DSC03686.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	2.89 MB
ID:	48547
      I’m glad everything worked out for you, Beautiful rifle Sir! Jonathan is the MAN!😉

Comment

• deltawiskey
        deltawiskey commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you very much for sending me his way!
        Now... I need to build and A5 like yours ; )
        DW

Range report:
      Alright, I'm going to make a few excuses up front : )

This isn't exactly a precision target scope, the parallax is set at 150 yards so I shot at 6x to help that situation. AND I forgot my bags, so I shot off my range bag and used my hand as a rear support... that being said I am thrilled with the rifles performance! I used SK standard plus ammo at 50 yards. The bottom target I fired one shot at each 3/4 inch circle to see where the scope was at for adjustment, and then fired 3 shot groups at the top target to tune it in...

Name:	40x 50y.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	255.6 KB
ID:	48560

The rifle is not bedded nor does it have pillars.

Comment

• steveu
        steveu commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice! What did you torque the action screws to? I myself would not bed it based on those groups.

I torqued them to 35" lbs.
      Before I shot it, I was thinking I would have to send it to Raven 6 for a bedding job... now I'm thinking it doesn't need bedding!
      DW

Comment

I got the M24 together now, took a picture of my three clones... with the current state of ammo its nice to have these to shoot!
        Next is the M40A3 .22lr but I think it will be a Vudoo action instead of a 40X.

Name:	DSC03702.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	3.08 MB
ID:	48607

Comment

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
        X