US marked Winchester model 52D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US marked Winchester model 52D

Last edited by USMCSGT0331; 11-22-2018, 02:12 AM.

Walnut and steel can't be beat.
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Those are great rifles and will not bow to anybody in the accuracy department.

Comment

Nice rifle, still has the Merit Disc I see. My 52C likes Laupa Super Club and (if you can find some) Federal 900.

Comment

Originally posted by steveu View Post
          Nice rifle, still has the Merit Disc I see. My 52C likes Laupa Super Club and (if you can find some) Federal 900.
          What is Federal 900?

Comment

• steveu
            steveu commented
            Editing a comment
            It was some of their match ammo they made in the 90"s. They made UM1 which was their top of the line "Olympic" grade, 900 and 711. These had a velocity in the 1100 fps range. They also made 900B and 711B which was around 1050fps. Some bean counter decided they could sell more blaster ammo than premium match ammo, so they stopped producing UM1 and 900. They re-packaged 711 and called it "Gold Medal". The UM1 and 900 have a dimple in the middle of the rim. I never shot any of the 711 because other shooters said it shot like crap!

That's what I thought. The 711 did shoot like crap, and the 900B wasn't much better, at least out of a long barrel gun. The UM1 was fantastic.

Comment

• steveu
            steveu commented
            Editing a comment
            I never did shoot any UM1. But, I did get my hands on 2 cases of the 900 for cheap when Federal stopped making it. Somebody told the guy I bought it from that it was too fast to shoot good groups!

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
        X