Winchester M1 Garand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winchester M1 Garand

Picked this up from an older customer of mine who is downsizing. Stock looks to be re done and has had a new barrel installed at some point, and national match sights installed. Nonetheless a pretty nice rifle.

It should make an awesome shooter

Comment

Beautiful!!!! Congrats.

Comment

Nice find!!!

Comment

Very nice M1Grand .... geoff3

Comment

Garands are great fun and really still capable for practical applications.

My problem with the old guns is that expectations of accuracy dont match how spoiled I have been by custom guns that compensate so much for my bad habits.

So I go out at 300 yards and shoot black circles that my eye can see with iron sights and I get kind of bummed out when the groups are not nice and tight as they are with My Raven built rifle but if I take that target and superimpose it over a steel silhouette I should be impressed by the fact my 1943 made rifle is capable of putting some serious hurt on skinny steel at reasonable distances.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P4237391_zpsu9qcdir7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	34059

Name:	P4237396_zpseympr6cw.jpg
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	34060

Name:	target.jpg
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	34061
            "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

I have a 44 Springfield Garand also. They both shoot very well and are good fun. People always want to shoot them to hear the ping lol. 200 yards is about as far as I’ve shot them.

Comment

Working...
              X