WTS: Stock and BM from Early M40A3 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTS: Stock and BM from Early M40A3 Project

Shifting interest in my builds, so I'm looking to sell the stock and bottom metal from my early M40A3 project from this build: https://www.m40rifle.com/forum/m40a3...-m40a3-project

Figure I'd post it here before posting in broader forums and sites. I think the claim to fame for this stock is this is what prompted McMillan to configure and release their "Mod1" stock.

The stock started as a large butthook A4 molded, flat-top blank from McMillan. Then I sent it to a custom stock smith (I forget who exactly did the work, but can try to look it up for those interested) who laser scanned the barreled action and bottom metal inlet and computer cut it, then hand finished the bolt handle and safety cuts (the exact color for the hand finishing doesn't match in that area, but it's hardly obvious - see closeup pic). Then it was bedded by PWS in Quantico when they were still doing hobby work.

I think I have over $1600 in the stock, bottom metal, and work. Looking to get $1300 shipped CONUS for everything pictured (stock, DD Ross M1 bottom metal). The blue masking tape holding the bottom metal in place is free.

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
X