Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vietnam M40/700 "All take off parts"

Comment

Considering selling one of my Complete VN M40/700's. Thinning my heard...All take off parts but receiver..... Green Contract Redfield 221XXX, 40X base(not take off), Low Redfield rings, take off stock, take off barrel, take off stock with original swivels, bottom metal and butt plate. Original trigger with tombstone safety. Rifle was built at the RTE shop in the early 70's.
      "Might" consider separating scope/base and rings "as a unit" separate from the rifle.
      The color in the pics is a little off since my lighting in my high tech photo booth/ironing board sux. The scope is more greenish/bronze than brown (Tombstone retical is completely intact).
      This rifle was purchased from a well known individual within the industry who has owned it since it was built. There is another that was built right around the same time with the same type ser# stamping on the 40X base as this one.
      I have left it in this configuration since it has been like this since it was built. I have an original Ser# electro penciled take off base that be included or swapped upon further agreement.
      I am not trying to drag anyone over the coals on this but at the same time I am asking what "I" feel is a reasonable market value price.
      As we have seen in the past there have been others offered in not near this condition for much higher.
      If seriously interested PM me and we can discuss price further....please only serious inquiries only.
      Its not cheap but Im not gouging ether.

Comment

What is the price?

Comment

RLM, tried sending you a message but your box is full so here it is in public. (Sound desperate?)

R,
          Okay, just seen your other post about a take off stock and also your thread about the complete set up mentioned in my WTB thread. I've been posting looking for a take off stock and for a scope for ages. I am very interested! If I have to buy the whole rifle I may (price?) but I am mainly after the scope and the stock. Got cash but also is there anything you are looking for? Got trade items too...
          Please give me a shot, I've been looking for this stuff for years. Literally...
          Thanks,
          M

Comment

I'm interested .

Comment

Yeah Majikani is a good guy, give him a shot.

Comment

I'd be interested in your price for the whole thing or just for the scope/rings/base. Thanks!

Comment

Last edited by USMCSGT0331; 11-21-2018, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Well that's nice. Unfortunately I have no way to reach R since his message box is full so I guess I have no way to buy it. Kind of frustrating as I had talked to him about it in the past...

Comment

My apologies guys.....Not ignoring you intentionally. Had to go out of town unexpectedly.....Im clearing out my inbox and returning messages......Again, my apologies.
                      Majikani...Just sent you a message partner.

Comment

I have no say in this of course, but I do know that Majikani has been trying to get a greenie for quite a while, and I tried to get him one from a local collector who is on the fence, but no luck thus far....

Comment

Just wanted to let those interested that I have decided not to break up the set. This rifle has been in this configuration since it was built in the early 70's and I just think it should stay that way.

Comment

I wanted to add that I am not pursuing this rifle as I agree that it should remain together as a set. I do want a "greenie" very badly for a build in progress but breaking up this piece of history is not the right way for me... Thank you to 29aholic and Random Guy though!

Comment

Your scope is out there. It will come to you.
                              "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Working...
                              X