This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTS: M40 tribute/clone

I am selling my M40/M700 rifle clone. The rifle was built by Mark Williams aka Raven6. The receiver is a Remington Scout Sniper Commemorative with clip slotting and thumb relief. I swapped barrels for an unmarked Remington varmint barrel (correct dimensions) as I didn't want the modern Remington stamping on the barrel however I will include the original barrel as well as the original SSA box the rifle came in. The rifle is bedded into a "Dep Taylor" stock which I refinished and set up with correct sling swivels and butt plate. The scope is a matte anodized correct Redfield Accurange 3x9 with the "tombstone" ranging reticle. It is mounted in a Redfield mount and rings. I spent a lot of time creating this USMC M40 tribute and I am only selling it as I was able to acquire an actual M40 (7 digit). And I want to "streamline" my collection. Thank you for looking and please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions. $3,500 plus shipping.
    ***Price drop to $2,850 plus shipping***

***Going to Gun Broker soon***
    Last edited by Majikani; 11-25-2018, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

You dont have a child or other family member you can sell to pay the bookie?

That is nice.
          "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Fascinating that you actually went to the bamboo jungles of VN to take the photos.....
            "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Originally posted by pmclaine View Post
              You dont have a child or other family member you can sell to pay the bookie?

That is nice.
              Thanks but that's how I paid for my stuff in the first place...

Comment

Originally posted by pmclaine View Post
                Fascinating that you actually went to the bamboo jungles of VN to take the photos.....
                Yes, I did. That's how far I will go for authenticity...
                ;-)

Comment

Wow...Sweet Rifle!!
                  DW

Comment

Thanks DW!

Comment

Very nice! Where did you get the replacement barrel?

Comment

Steve, to be completely homest, I don't remember. Had it for years...

Comment

Final price drop to $3,200 plus shipping.
                          Going to Gun Broker soon...

Comment

Going away soon!

Comment

This rifle has sold...
                              Last edited by Majikani; 11-26-2018, 09:35 PM. Reason: sold

Comment

Working...
                              X