Awesome M40A1 on Unique Smear Stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome M40A1 on Unique Smear Stock

Not mine, and got nothing vested in this, but in case anyone is looking for a very spec M40A1 build with a (looks like commercial) smear stock and CMP Unertl 10X:
    https://www.legacy-collectibles.com/...r%20rifle.html

If I didn't already have a couple of A1s in the closet, I would've snagged it myself. The price is good considering the parts, and it's got a very unique smear pattern.

Agreed.........
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

That stock is outstanding
      Thanks for posting this!!
      DW

Comment

Thanks Kin for posting this. It's mine.

Mark Williams at Raven did the Schneider barrel swap and bedded it for me.Also, I have Mark's "Barrel Round Count" booklet that he gives you on his builds, but I forgot to put it in the box to Legacy, so if anyone here buys the gun, let me know and I'll send it to the buyer.

It is a commercial smear, from the 1980's, and is the oldest M40A1 build I have ever seen. I'm selling it to scrape up some more escrow money on a ranch property that's for sale next door to me.

I'd take $7,750 for it. Legacy usually doesn't take offers on "new items" but if that price works for you, call Chris and make the offer and tell him to call me, and I'll accept it for you. Thanks guys!
        jack1911

Comment

Nice looking A1

Comment

Originally posted by Piteously Uninformed View Post
            Thanks Kin for posting this. It's mine.

Mark Williams at Raven did the Schneider barrel swap and bedded it for me.Also, I have Mark's "Barrel Round Count" booklet that he gives you on his builds, but I forgot to put it in the box to Legacy, so if anyone here buys the gun, let me know and I'll send it to the buyer.

It is a commercial smear, from the 1980's, and is the oldest M40A1 build I have ever seen. I'm selling it to scrape up some more escrow money on a ranch property that's for sale next door to me.

I'd take $7,750 for it. Legacy usually doesn't take offers on "new items" but if that price works for you, call Chris and make the offer and tell him to call me, and I'll accept it for you. Thanks guys!
            Looks like it sold. Congrats to you and the buyer.

Comment

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
            X