Advertisement

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redfield USMC Commemorative Scope

If I were to acquire 5 of the Leupold Custom Shop Redfield 91468 M40 repro scopes who all would be interested? The cost after shipping would be approx $350

These were not exact replicas as they have a standard mil-dot reticle but are very usable and work well for shooting.
    Last edited by reese3303; 11-21-2017, 04:15 PM.

Will they try to do something with anodizing colors to make them look less like an unripe banana more like a USMC contract 3-9 Redfield?

I have a receiver coming to build a .223 M40 and I might be interested specifically for the mil dots.
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

I would be for my .260 M40.

Comment

It would be this exact scope

Attached Files

Comment

Yes!! I'm in for one .

Comment

Maybe Leupold should send them to Toki for anodizing!

Comment

I'll have to scrape up the money if they will build it.

Thank you for your efforts.
              "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Optics planet has four in stock for $349.95 if that helps any.
                Last edited by Hawk; 11-21-2017, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• reese3303
                  reese3303 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They have the Hi-lux which has sub-par glass quality and a bad finish

• Hawk
                  Hawk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have seen one of the hi-lux scopes up close and personal on a friend's rifle. Finish was nice and the glass was very good. Nice and clear. The beauty of the scope is that the tombstone is etched into the glass so it will not be damaged from direct sunlight or recoil. Just my observation. I have a vintage redfield on mine that was refinished by Tokiwartooth.

I'll go ahead and put an order in for 6 of them:

1) Myself
                2) A friend (not on this site)
                3) Reserved
                4) Steveu
                5) Roughhewn
                6) pmclaine

They will be in my possession in about 4 weeks. If you decide you no longer want the scope at the time I receive I will sell elsewhere no big deal.

Comment

Just curious,,,,not meaning to be disrespectful......have you got any feedback on any other sights.

You joined this month and are already doing a group buy.

Just curious.

Comment

• reese3303
                    reese3303 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am new to this site as I've been working on some m40 builds and good stuff/advise passes through here.
                    To answer your question I have a fair amount of feedback on ar15 and 1 review on accurate shooter. I've always ship and pay quickly! Further correspondence through either phone or email can occur when I receive the scopes.

ar15.com username "reese3303"
                    forum.accurateshooter.com username "Tyler Kragle"

• pmclaine
                    pmclaine commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you for the reply.

Just a question that had to be asked.

Thank you for answering.

Understood not a problem

Comment

Alright guys, scopes have been shipped with an ETA of Wednesday, Dec 12/13/17. If still interested please email me at kragletyler@yahoo.com.
                    I will forward correspondence from Leupold and get shipping address from each of you. Will send pictures and all that upon receipt.

Comment

• steveu
                      steveu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Email sent!

I'm still in.

Comment

Just curious (and excessively cheap) will Leupold offer the mil/Leo discount on these?

Comment

• reese3303
                        reese3303 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Will reply via email you sent.

• pmclaine
                        pmclaine commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Standing by. Email has been sent.

• pmclaine
                        pmclaine commented
                        Editing a comment