Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wtb mst-100

Anybody have one for sale?

If you are just looking in general here are some currently for sale.

USO version (Not original) - Broken Reticle would need repaired - https://www.ebay.com/itm/us-optics-m...0/122854857211
    Original Unertl Issued - http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail....Telescope-1585
    Original Unertl Issued - http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail....Telescope-1114

Comment

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=219696
      Seems high

Comment

• macethetemplar
        macethetemplar commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats wayy to high for an USO scope when the issued and unmodified unertl's are going for less

Ya that’s too rich for my blood. Hoping to find someone from the last group buy that decided they didn’t want to build a rifle and wants their money back. I missed a couple due to indecision.

Comment

disregard.......
        Last edited by pmclaine; 01-09-2018, 06:57 AM.
        "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

John,
          I still have an MST100 in the box from the last batch if you haven't found one yet, but my suggestion would be to find a M40A1 mount before you buy the scope. The reason I'm selling the scope is I couldn't find a mount.
          Gunny

Comment

• pmclaine
            pmclaine commented
            Editing a comment
            Dont give up that easy...

Use a Redfield 700SA base with some welded on rings and you are an early A1/Unertl shooter.

Now finding the smear to make it complete.........

pmclaine, I have redfield Jr base and rings on an M40 which is by far my favorite rifle, but I can see why they went to a more substantial mount for the heavy Unertal. The reason I was building a A1 is it was in the Marine Corps the same years I was in. It's like a snap shot of that time. Believe me I didn't give up to easy, I've been looking for sometime. In fact, I just ordered a A1 scope mount in December off of eBay for $425.00 and they sent it to some guy in San Francisco, California about 1400 miles away from me. It got me so PO I'm going to throw in the towel.

John Nors, another thing you might look at is the Old Johns on CMP are coming way down in price. It looks like they started with the ones that were in good working order and are now putting upthe ones that may need some work but I think you may still get a good deal

Comment

• pmclaine
            pmclaine commented
            Editing a comment
            That sucks concerning the issue you had with your repro mount.

What Im thinking is the transitional mount shown in USMCSGT0331 reference thread here...

https://www.m40rifle.com/index.php?r...rly-m40-mounts

It would be a legit option for an early A1 build. Use one of those until you come across a repro or original.

I enjoy my A1 so much just bothers me to see someone that wants one but doesnt get one.

pmclaine, As you know the repo mounts are going for what originals used to go for and the original are all gone I think. If this scope does not sale I may build a A3. the first A3 used a Unertl, and I think all the components are still available.

Comment

Oldgunny - is yours listed somewhere? If so shoot me a link or pm me.

Comment

It's in the classifieds in this forum I think I was asking 3200.00 for it. 3100.00 if your a vet. 3000.00 if your a Marine Corps vet

Comment

Even for an air wing marine corps vet? :-)

i thought someone on the hide was making reproduction mounts?

Comment

Marines are Marines.
                  I use to give air wing Marines a hard time in garrison, but when you need close air support you pray for them to come and get the bad guys. they will come in three hundred feet off the deck and kick a--.

There is a guy on the Hide who makes mounts, but every time I call him he just sold the last one. If you can wait a little while you can get one from him. I think it's twomanattack. and I'm told his mounts are first rate

Comment

In your listing you said you can’t post pics. Any ability to text or email pics? Thanks.

Comment

I took the USO box to the UPS store and had a box made to put the USO box in so the scope is all boxed up and ready to go. if you need pictures I'll open up the boxes and send pictures.
                      Also, the woman I tried to buy the scope mount from on eBay has a MST100 with no reticle for sale for $2700.00, the name on eBay is ARMYOV1. USO could probably replace the reticle.

Comment

I’m interested. Will pm you to firm things up.

Comment

Working...
                        X