WTB - Unertl 10X Turret Wrench

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB - Unertl 10X Turret Wrench

I'm looking for the wrench that fits the top turret and assists with setting the crosshair. I know I can use an Allen wrench, but would like one of the original tools for the kit. TIA.

The original was an Allen..... The objective spanner is the special tool that's so hard to find.

Comment

• Defender3
      Defender3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I may ask the guys at PWS if they have one just so I know what to look for.

If you are talking about the spanner wrench with degrees of arc engraved on top of it shown in the Unertl literature I dont think it exists other than that one pictured by Unertl.

Its been sought by many but never found. Others have said they will build them but never have.

Loosen the side lock screw than move the top screw first a bunch - shoot. Than a smidge - shoot. Next a tad - shoot. Than you will need a cunt hairs movement to make it perfect.

Repeat on the windage side.

PS - dont forget to re "snug" the set screws to lock the cap back to the set screw.
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

• Defender3
      Defender3 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's exactly what I'm looking for!

There's an all rifle precision match at Quantico today (800/900/1000), that I was too late signing up for, but I'll go out and see what's on the line. If the PWS guys are there, I'll ask the question.

• pmclaine
      pmclaine commented
      Editing a comment
      If you find that marked spanner next go find Amelia Earhardt and solve that mystery.

Some sage on here suggested using the marks between your 1 and 2 on the turret cap.

IIRC that space represents 2 MOA of adjustment.

So if you move the end of your hex 1/4 of that space you made a 1/2 MOA adjustment. Move an 1/8 of the distance thats a 1/4 MOA adjustment.

• Defender3
      Defender3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Phil, that is good advice.

USO has the kits for $25. Has 2 Allen’s and the parallax spanner wrench. I bought one like a month ago.

Comment

• SemperFi
      SemperFi commented
      Editing a comment
      Skunk, I think he's looking for the "spanner wrench tool"/gauge as shown in post #11 of this thread...
      https://www.m40rifle.com/forum/optic...r-new-mst-100s
      I didn't realize it was a USO product. How did it find its way into the Unertl manual?

• Defender3
      Defender3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup! As well as the three prong adjustment wrench mentioned to me by an 8541.
      Last edited by Defender3; 11-18-2018, 07:26 PM.

• Skunk
      Skunk commented
      Editing a comment
      SemperFi, that manual is from the Rocky Green Unertl era, not the original John Unertl company. I.e. The early 2000's, not original 1980's timeframe. Notice the picatinney rings and T-prefix serial number on the scope. "Unertl" in Las Vegas and USO were both selling scopes at the same time for a couple of years. I'm not sure who came up with that tool first.

Ours was a little different....it has more of a "compass rose" looking arrangement of lines/numbers.

Lol maybe if you ask. Gotcha those are hard to find good luck in your search.

Comment

• Defender3
      Defender3 commented
      Editing a comment
      You just never know!
Working...
X