Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB-A "TOKI" Green Accu-Range

Hello,

Just as the title says I am interested in finding a "TOKI" green 3-9X Redfield Accu-Range for a Vietnam M40 clone build. Message me or email me at Raupleminze@yahoo.com if you happen to have one for sale.

Thanks in advance,
    Brian

Good luck Me too.
    This stuff is about as scarce as hens teeth.
    I’m needing a scope for one of commerative rifles.

Comment

Still searching........

Comment

I looked around for one also, got nowhere.

I ended up buying a 3-9X Redfield Accu-Range in gloss black. It has two original stickers on the tube one saying Accu-Range and the other Is the crosshair type.
        Not sure what I'm gong to do with them.
        I don't think they look correct on an M40 replica at least I never saw pics with them on one used in the Corps.

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt.Joker1955 View Post
          I looked around for one also, got nowhere.

I ended up buying a 3-9X Redfield Accu-Range in gloss black. It has two original stickers on the tube one saying Accu-Range and the other Is the crosshair type.
          Not sure what I'm gong to do with them.
          I don't think they look correct on an M40 replica at least I never saw pics with them on one used in the Corps.
          Yes, I actually have a black period scope with the Accurange reticle. But I would love to have one of Toki's green scopes on the M40 instead. The rifle was just built and should be coming back any day now. I am eager to see if I can find one of these Toki scopes or find someone who is going to start doing them also, that way the rifle has the "correct" look to it.

Comment

Still searching

Comment

BoltTrash had one for sale recently...

* Edit: BoltTrash still has a period Redfield annodized by Toki for sale.
              Last edited by Majikani; 01-23-2020, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Knowing that I will never have the financial means to buy a "real" genuine M40 or even the real deal scope it had, I have decided to take the issue into my own hands.
                My Rem 700 has a nice Taylor stock, correct weight varmint barrel, correct scope mount and rings, correct sling swivels, seatbelt sling (not sure if that's correct but I like it better than leather) and soon to have a correct trigger.
                I have a real nice Redfield Accu Trac 3x9 scope that holds zero dead nuts on.
                I've done some homework, viewed a boatload of pics from collections and with some advice from a person on the Hide, I'm going to paint my scope. Not so much the new green color but a shade towards the sun affected / bleached green copper anodized appearance.

Some may say it's not authentic. They are correct, however neither is a black scope, a repro from China or a Leupold if we are splitting hairs.
                I'm trying to get this as close as I can to look and shoot like a 1968 era USMC M40.
                So far the shooting is not an issue.
                The paint job will do the trick as I've experimented with various shades on an inexpensive scope before I spray my beloved old Redfield.

A leap of faith if you will.

When it's done in the coming month I will share my experience with all of you.

Joker

Comment

• fe1
                  fe1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

I forgot to add I'm going to have it clip slotted and parked also.

Comment

Originally posted by Majikani View Post
                  BoltTrash had one for sale recently...

* Edit: BoltTrash still has a period Redfield annodized by Toki for sale.
                  Thank you! I just messaged him.

Comment

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
                  X