Knights Armament stuff in a Pelican 1700

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knights Armament stuff in a Pelican 1700

Got a buddy who called me up to come look at something. He just came back from Texas. He picked up a couple of Pelican 1700 cases. Inside was some webbing and a couple M 16 cleaning kits and normal military junk, CLP bottle etc. But, both had a Black plastic folder or carrier from Knights Armament, IS 002, complete with four handguard looking things and a grip. It was labelled Knights Armament "Titusville Fl." This looks brand new. Further digging in the Pelican under the foam, is a log for a "Colt Rifle" or something with a few names on em, Has round count with like 550 +/- too. Found a transit label for Kandahar too. Now I don't have the cases in front of me so I might be a little off.

I think these might have come from a DMR or something. There was a new condition yellow BFA in one. I think it is mostly likely from the Air Force because of the ranks listed. And I might be out of the suck by a few decades, but I still know what opsec is, so I have a hard time putting that out. I just don't know enough about these things. I figure someone here might. He was going to sell one to a guy to make a pistol box out of it. I told him to hold on.

I didn't get the form # down, but it was two pages with checks on the rifle for "pass/fail" or some kind of measure. Anybody?

Looks like this taken from the net.
    Last edited by George Az; 04-11-2018, 09:53 PM. Reason: photo and spelling

It's a Knights accessory rail pack.

A nice item to have if you have a rifle with pic rails.

I don't think they are exceedingly rare. I bet tons of these things get thrown away over seas.

Still sounds like you found some neat history.
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Working...
    X