I'd like some ideas please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like some ideas please

So an opportunity presented itself for me to purchase a rifle based on the Delisle, its an integrally suppressed 45acp built on an Enfield rifle by SIA.
    Long story short, it has a rail on it for optics instead of the traditional sights...what would you put on it?
    I'm thinking a red dot of some sort would be the handiest, however something like a green Redfield might look more at home on this classic rifle??
    I should be getting it out of "ATF jail" in month or two, thanks for your help!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	SIA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	37868

DW

A 2 moa dot would be my choice.

Comment

Can it be restored to something more DeLisle?
      "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

I don't think so, but I will inspect it closer when I get it out of jail. I probably wouldn't be able to hit shit with my crappy eyesight and iron sights on it anyways...
        DW

Comment

Looks like you would have to add some sort of front sight welded directly to the tube.

Unsure what the rear would be.

Probably not worth doing and would take away from the pure fun factor of using what you have.

Steve is giving great advice regards a red dot of your particular flavor.

Get great with it and practice your silent "mad minute".
          "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

I think a 1-4 or a 1-6 would be the cats biz on this beaut. Burris and Vortex make very affordable 1-6 optics. I just got the Burris 1-6 and am duly impressed. I think its the RT-6 and it comes with a throw lever and has a generic BDC retc to get data for my SBR 300 blk out. You can get them darn cheap these days and they have the versatility of a red dot with some zoom zoom to appease the LR aspect of our childish inclinations to shoot further than we should! ha.

Cool rifle tho.

Regards,
            DT

Comment

Those scopes look like some great options, that BCC reticle might be nice for throwing those 45 acp pumpkins at longer ranges!
              Thank you for your input!
              DW

Comment

Working...
              X