Who is shooting this weekend?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is shooting this weekend?

Post up some rifles in action and shot up targets, maybe a deer or something downed.
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

I'm going to try and get the new USMC clone out for some sighting with the Unertl. I'll post some pics if I can get out to play.

Comment

I have the M40A1ish aboard the work truck intending to shoot after shift but in exactly 7 more minutes I am going to agree to take an overtime and make myself unavailable to shoot tonight........

There is always tomorrow.
      "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

I skipped the range and went small game hunting with my A1 trainer...does that qualify?

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_1013181427.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	453.1 KB
ID:	38777

DW

Comment

• pmclaine
          pmclaine commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks great. Nice day in the woods.

Damn got offered another OT. Looks like I picked a bad weekend to start this thread.

Comment

Took the boy out today for the first time to go shooting.....He had to put some work in with dad.....zeroing the smear before it was his turn with the 22 Trainer!

Comment

Took the M40A1 out this weekend and did some shooting at 200 and 300 yards. MST-100 rocks!
            Shot a few different groups. One is a 200 yard and the other a 300.
            Rifle is a Dave Clark build from 2014 and shoots great.

Comment

• pmclaine
              pmclaine commented
              Editing a comment
              Great job!

Id trade repro Leupold for something like that.....

• reese3303
              reese3303 commented
              Editing a comment
              lol I bet so. Hope the scopes are treating you well.

• pmclaine
              pmclaine commented
              Editing a comment
              Scopes are great in there simple sort of way.

One is mounted on a .308 M40, another ischeduled to be mounted on a .223 M40 and eventually the third one will find its way on to my Carlos Hathcock tribute M70.

I like the idea of "Cap it and forget it".

Just wish I had more opportunity to shoot steel and really enjoy it.

Hoping to shoot a new pistol Thursday and assuming no OT Ill shoot my M40A1ish saturday.

Comment

Got out today.

Just wanted to check my zero on the M40A1ish for a class I have coming up in November, November 10 to be exact.....

Click image for larger version  Name:	PA208292.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.45 MB ID:	38940

Click image for larger version  Name:	PA208293.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.48 MB ID:	38941

I was doing three shot groups and making adjustments to bring the POI to center. Seems like my Premier does not adjust when I release the flip lever and make my changes.

After top left I wanted to adjust down one tenth mil, my process

1. Dial below zero one tenth mil
              2. Release flip lever
              3. Turn flip lever counter clockwise to release "clutch"
              4. Dial back to zero
              5. Clockwise turn flip lever to engage "clutch"
              6. Return flip lever to stowed position

I did a "Down" tenth mil change on each target show with no apparent change in POI

My last five shots...

Click image for larger version  Name:	PA208294.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.43 MB ID:	38942

Didnt have any more rounds left in my box of 20 175 FGMM. From this group I made a change DOWN .1/Left .1

Had similar happen at a class last year. I ended up just dialing 1 tenth under zero. My obsessive compulsive nature though wants zero to be zero and I will have those dial unders in reserve for use as conditions dictate.

Comment

Nice shooting! We had a M40 build with a Premier scope on the line a few weeks back at Quantico. Same problem, making adjustments did not change POI. We thought it was the erector assembly, but not being familiar with the Premier, it could have been the improper loosening of the flip covers.

Comment

I was out at Quantico today shooting a .260 gasser at 1,000 on steel. Nice day, in the 50's with a wind at best 3-5mph.

Relaxing while the barrel cools.

Comment

• pmclaine
                    pmclaine commented
                    Editing a comment
                    How about the 1941 you try it yet?

Nope, need to find time to get it sighted at 100. Might be a few weeks...

Comment

The A1 has quickly become my favorite rifle to shoot.
                    One that always shoots like a tack driver and overall is a tank.
                    Usually never disappoints .... except for the one time I dropped it off the Kubota (twice!!) and lost zero. Other than that it has been flawless.

Took her out to the range this weekend for some 300 yard grouping.
                    Shooting the ole workup with lapua brass, 43.5 gr varget, 175 smk, 210m.
                    Here's a few pictures

Comment

Comment

• reese3303
                        reese3303 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Whoops I thought yesterday was the 29th was a day ahead of myself.

Yesterday......

Name:	nothung.jpg
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	42588

Name:	nothung1A.jpg
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	42589

Name:	nothung1B.jpg
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	42590

Name:	nothung2.jpg
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	42591

Name:	nothung3.jpg
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	42592

Name:	nothungfirst10.jpg
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	42593

Name:	nothungslowfire.jpg
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	42594

Comment

Working...
                      X