Collapse

Gotta Luv the Pawn Shop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great find! Definitely better snag it up now that the cat’s out of the bag.

Comment

I dont know what type of DBM that is but hopefully it is something that fits into a BDL style cut only requiring "minimal fitting".

If so perhaps Winchester M70 Modified metal will cover some of the sin.
      "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

I have had many finds at Larry's over the years, been searching the racks since 93. Please go buy that one, hope to meet you there in the morning. I usually shop the other Larry's location now days, but will make an exception this time, Larry's son always tries to sell me high end shotguns for some reason. Harry.

Comment

• Defender3
          Defender3 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll be there at opening. Maybe, if they won't sell the stock, they'll drop the price a bit.

• pmclaine
          pmclaine commented
          Editing a comment
          Buy the rifle and sell the parts to recoup some costs.

BA should get $400, scope Im guessing will get you $300 or possibly more, DBM $100?.

A smear for $400 is a pretty good buy.

• Defender3
          Defender3 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a good fall back position!

Victory is mine! News at 11...

Comment

Oh wait my bad.

Just looked again, its not a McMillan nor a smear.

Sorry.

Just Kidding
          "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

87,000 comedians out of work and we have one here...

😄

Comment

Hummm I am only 2 hours and 12 minuets from Larrys.... tick toc

Comment

• pmclaine
                pmclaine commented
                Editing a comment
                Do you lead or follow during these "minuets"?

Dyslexia is a sign of higher intelligence.

• MikeW
                MikeW commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol. I cannot dance at all

I can't wait to hear the details!!
              DW

Comment

Alright, I'm finally out of meetings. I arrived at 0930 and during torrential rains. The store was fully manned but they were not opening, and as a matter of fact, they didn't open until 1000 on the dot. People started to show up at 0945 and some of them lined up at the door despite the rain. At about 0955 I saw a guy at the door so I jumped out the car and positioned myself right at the door, I felt bad, but I cock blocked everyone. When they opened the door, I went right to the rack and picked up the wrong rifle! I'm looking at it thinking they changed the stock out, but stupid me picked up the wrong 308. I realized my stupidity and grabbed the right rifle and simply took it to the manager, told him I was from VA and wanted to buy it and asked if he had any room to move on the rifle. or a discount; he gave me $100 off the rifle. I did the paperwork, passed NCIC and was good-to-go. There were a lot of rifles with cheap Chinese no-name knock-off scopes (at both locations). Made me wonder if they take off the good stuff to sell and put on a $100 scope to keep the prices up on the stuff on the rack. Hopefully this didn't come in the door with a better optic.

Some pictures under crappy hotel lighting.
                Last edited by Defender3; 11-02-2018, 08:18 AM.

Comment

You did real good on that purchase! It gives me hope that someday I will stumble across one...
                  DW

Comment

Honestly, I would have preferred to have won the Mega Millions.

Comment

Similar to this rifle that sold. I bid on it a few times and am still kicking myself for not going higher.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/783357321

Comment

• reese3303
                        reese3303 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        hmmm beats me

• deltawiskey
                        deltawiskey commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I was watching that rifle also : )

• macethetemplar
                        macethetemplar commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Probably to adjust some custom trigger without taking it out of the bedding.

Congrats, nice grab

Comment

Congrats!

Two things you NEED to do!

1) Strip the action out and look for a serial number in the barrel channel in Sharpie. It would be four digits.

2) Take a strong magnet and feel for steel embedded near the sling swivels. If you can remove those studs, that would be better.

You can take a Marine out of the Corps, but you can't take the Corps out of a Marine.

Comment

• Defender3
                          Defender3 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'll be able to check once I get back home.

I borrowed a screwdriver from the local office and took the action out of the stock. I haven't owned any Remington's, but it's interesting the barrel has no markings at all. I wonder how the shop knew it was a 308?

Some stock pictures. It looks like the channel has been painted black. Again, sorry for the crappy iPotato pics and bad hotel lighting.

Comment

• Defender3
                          Defender3 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That makes him a serial offender...

• deltawiskey
                          deltawiskey commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Don't sell that stock, you will regret it...
                          DW

• Defender3
                          Defender3 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yeah, I should probably throw it on the shelf.
                      Working...
                      X