Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advertisement

Collapse

Ever Win Something on eBay You Didn't Want?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever Win Something on eBay You Didn't Want?

I made the opening bid on a Leupold Mark 4 M3 so it wouldn't be sold off the board and I also entered a max bid amount. I later went back and (I thought) cancelled my max as I'm going to move away from the M24 and use the funds somewhere else. Oh well, I woke Wednesday to a "You Won" notification and was surprised as it was over my initial bid; too late by then.

Well, my NIB Mark 4 arrived today. I guess it will go on the shelf as if I mount it on the M24, I'll then want to shoot it, etc., etc.

Great looking scope!!
    It sure makes me feel better knowing that you are going down the same road I did...one part leads to another! : )
    DW

Comment

Originally posted by deltawiskey View Post
      Great looking scope!!
      It sure makes me feel better knowing that you are going down the same road I did...one part leads to another! : )
      DW
      You have hit the nail on the proverbial head so to say. The conundrum for me is building or buying? I'd prefer to buy a complete rifle rather than spend months looking for parts, and then waiting even longer for the build. Heck, I'm old now and taking 1, 2 or 3 years looking and waiting is time I could be shooting!

Bad part is wasted some funds I could have put towards a M40A1. Same with the T-10 I bought.

Comment

Its not wasteful.... It's Investing!

Comment

I sometimes think I enjoy hunting and collecting the parts as much as shooting the finished project. I am going through sellers remorse after I sold my M40A1 copy. Now I am halfway through collecting the bits to make a better version and correct some details I wasn’t happy with.

Expect to see a “WTB MST-100” in the classifieds soon!

Comment

• SemperFi
            SemperFi commented
            Editing a comment
            And this is the difficulty of buying ready built M40A1s. Nearly every one of them has something that is not quite correct. OTOH, others consider close good enough. Sometimes I secretly envy such people and their blissful existences. Attention to detail can drive one crazy.

Happy Birthday, Marines!

• Defender3
            Defender3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Certainly agree, you can get lost in the details to the point it may not be productive. From what I've read, each 2112 seems to have their own "signature" so there are little nuances even in a PWS build. It seems there are some builders that are definitely better than others, and some to run away from.

For me, there isn't as much of a thrill searching, I'd rather find a solid rifle and then shoot it. I may have found a nice ("correct") C&H build for sale, we'll see once I peel it back. I've also found two C&H builds recently, but neither appeared to be clip slotted or have the thumb relief. The search continues...

• SemperFi
            SemperFi commented
            Editing a comment
            There was some variation, but it was relatively minor. The problem is that this concept of "individual signature" is becoming a common excuse for builds that are just downright incorrect.

Even some PWS builds are incorrect. Remember, the 2112s that built them originally are long gone, and Remington cut the original clip slots in the six-digit and C receivers, not 2112s.

And that is what we call lack of a physical configuration audit, generating a technical data package and having a configuration management plan.

Comment

Working...
          X