X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind of sad.....

No Birthday or Veterans Day post.

Therefore I shall make one.

On the 10th day the Lord did see the remains of the melted Crayola crayons and He devised unto Him a new creation.....the multi colored waxes formed a new color the Lord deemed camouflage which He carefully shaped into the figure of a well built man named Marine.

The Lord placed this Marine upon territory that He knew would be the United States and He said "It is Good".

But when the Lord looked upon the future United States as He was wont to do with his chosen land He saw that the Marine was not happy.

Given rocks to entertain himself he only broke them. Left to his own devices he invented self fornication.

The Lord deemed the Marine would have a companion and a purpose.

Thus taking iron from the Core of the earth and walnut from the sturdiest trees the Lord did bequeath unto the Marine a rifle.....

Click image for larger version  Name:	PB118320.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.33 MB ID:	39578
    and entrusted it upon the Marine to keep and care for.

Provided this wonderful gift from his Lord the Marine said let me pray.....

"This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    Without me, my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will…
    My rifle and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit…
    My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will…
    Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.
    So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace! "

and the Lord was very happy with the Marine and chose for him a special place for when he shall enter Heaven.

The Lord held a special place for His Marine and as such when the Marine was found lying in an unholy way with Eve He did not protest as He knew it would begat more Marines as the seed of Adam seemed to only produce progeny the lines of which would be called Hipster and Metrosexual.

As it was the secret remained between Eve and the Marine with Adam having no knowledge of their carnal knowledge save a smile Eve would always have cross her face when she looked off away to the wide untamed sea.

and the Lord was happy with his work.

Me Ill be happy with 43.6 of 4064 and a 168 SMK. Nice and lateral - only me to blame....

Click image for larger version  Name:	PB118321.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.33 MB ID:	39579

Click image for larger version

Name:	PB118317.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	39581
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Oorah!
    Outstanding post
    DW

Comment

Saturday scheduled a class at Sig Academy especially because it was the USMC Birthday, I had use or lose money, and the M40A1ish needed a trip to the 1000 yard range.

These are 5 round sight ins at 100 prior to moving back and whacking steel which of course you cant get pictures of because we dont walk down range after 100...

Click image for larger version  Name:	PB098308[1].JPG Views:	1 Size:	576.9 KB ID:	39622

Click image for larger version  Name:	PB098309[1].jpg Views:	1 Size:	264.7 KB ID:	39623

Click image for larger version  Name:	PB098311[1].jpg Views:	1 Size:	264.1 KB ID:	39624

Click image for larger version  Name:	PB098312[1].jpg Views:	1 Size:	283.6 KB ID:	39625

M40A1ish at the 300 yard line....

Click image for larger version  Name:	PB098313[1].jpg Views:	1 Size:	226.8 KB ID:	39626

Click image for larger version  Name:	PB098314[1].jpg Views:	1 Size:	209.7 KB ID:	39627
      "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Working...
      X