So..... Where do I begin......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So..... Where do I begin......

So, my friends.... It's been some time since I've been here. Been an interesting year......
    About mid October, 2017, my wife came to me and said she needed a "break".....
    After 23 years of marriage. I won't get into the details, but it was justified. No cheating.
    I moved out, in with a friend....
    About 4 months ago, moved into my "bachelor pad" in NYC.
    working on firearms or scopes has been an impossibility for the last year +, only because I did not live in my home with my shop
    Dated a number of females.
    I'm 52.... In pretty good shape.... You have no idea what it is like out there. I mean, women from 35 - 55 throwing themselves at you.
    The wife and I tried a few times to get it back together, just wasn't the time for me sometimes, or her....
    She would literally kick my ass when she saw me...
    Kicked dents into my car
    Threw my stuff out the window of my car when we went to visit our kids at school.
    It was bad news... Too much pain.

So, here we are today.
    I think we are both at the point in this where we really want to work this out. We've both been able to put the worse of it behind us.
    I think we both realize how much we love each other, and it's time to end all the bull crap.
    I'm able to let it go. She still needs a little work, but I think she's getting there.

So.... In the words of The Terminator..... I'll be back!!!

Soon.... cross your fingers....

Wow that sounds like quite the ride.

Be like Snake Plissken, ESCAPE NYC as soon as you can. Although the 35-55 year olds sound like fun lol.

Take care of yourself and the kids... the ex-wife (wife) sounds like she needs a lot of distance at this point.

Comment

Good luck Toki. Women can and are the most vengeful creatures on the plant. Keep your head down and we hope to hear from you on the other side soon.

Comment

Never chase buses or women.... You always get left behind.

Comment

Better the devil you know than the devil you don't...good luck Brother.

Comment

Good to hear from you Toki! Hang in there and work it out...

Comment

Good luck with everything. Family takes priority. As a fellow NYC'er on the wrong side of 35, I feel yer pain.

Comment

Thanks for checking in Bud, I've been wondering where you have been...best wishes to you, hope it all works out!
                We will be here for you!
                DW

Comment

Thoughts and prayers brother

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                    Wow that sounds like quite the ride.

Be like Snake Plissken, ESCAPE NYC as soon as you can. Although the 35-55 year olds sound like fun lol.

Take care of yourself and the kids... the ex-wife (wife) sounds like she needs a lot of distance at this point.

She's done with the "distance". She has been done for sometime, it's been me that's screwing it up for the last few months.
                    You get the taste of "strange" and it's hard to go back. But, I'm ready. She's been ready for quite some time. I've send her falling down a rabbit hole with my behavior for the last 4 months.

Comment

Glar to hear from you! Its been a while. Take your time, you guys will work things out.

Originally posted by tokiwartooth View Post
                      She would literally kick my ass when she saw me...
                      Kicked dents into my car
                      Threw my stuff out the window of my car when we went to visit our kids at school.
                      Women are like teabags. We dont know their true strength until they are in hot water.

Comment

Take good care Toki! Hoping for the best for you and the wife - anything good is worth working for!

M1Army

Comment

Hang in there Toki,,Go where your heart leads you,Take care.

Comment

I hope you guys get it all sorted out. Woman are from Venus and men are from mars, really pretty much says it all. It seems fairly simple to us guys, but with women, it's much more complicated. I've been married for going on 47 years and it's always been that way. Some say apologizing is a sign of weakness, but, in a marriage, it is a necessary tool in creating smoother sailing even if you are in the right.....lol Better to apologize and fight another day than to not apologize and forever fight.

Comment

Toki, As I've written, I wish you the best in this endeavor. Optimism can be such an elixir that it can sometimes suspend an objective perspective. Don't lose one, or the other. I look forward to hearing from you, as do others here, on a more regular basis as your situation stabilizes. Back in a prior life when I worked in NYC, there was this fabulous little Italian restaurant, bar/piano bar on 2nd & 52nd... just a very very enjoyable crowd... but you didn't hear that from me.

Comment

Working...
                              X