Raven Rifles (Raven 6) Semi Retiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raven Rifles (Raven 6) Semi Retiring

Everyone the time has come. I am going to semi retire from rifle building. What this means from this point forward is that I only plan to do 4-6 rifles per year (maybe less), any request for a build will be handled on a case by case basis with preference given to former customers. I want to wish everyone the best in the M40 community and thank all those who keep me pushing forward. Good Luck and Good Shooting.

Mark
    Raven Rifles

Most disappointing, I am about 3 months out from commissioning 2 MK13 builds, a mod 0 and a Mod 5. I will contact you around the first of the year to see if you can work me in for one. The M40a1 you built for me is a true work of art. Harry

Comment

Enjoy your retirement.

Hoping I can sneak an M40 or ish in for a rebarrel someday - I wouldnt trust anyone else to do it.

You have been fantastic to work with.

I consider myself fortunate to have rifles marked with the Raven.
      "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

I just referred someone on The Hide to you last week for an M40 build...I'm sorry to hear your semi retiring from building rifles but very happy to hear that your willing to still build a few!! : )
        Best wishes with all your future endeavors!
        Dan

Comment

Enjoy your retirement to the full. While I'm happy for you, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sadden too. Is there any way you can run some classes for the other big name gunsmiths out there on how to build a proper M40A1? Or at least apprentice a couple new gunsmiths on how to do them right before your expertise leaves the scene for good?
          You can take a Marine out of the Corps, but you can't take the Corps out of a Marine.

Comment

• Raven 6
            Raven 6 commented
            Editing a comment
            I actually did consider taking on an apprentice, once. You'd be surprised at the young peoples total lack of interest in learning something like this.

• pmclaine
            pmclaine commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh man that is sad to hear, but I'm fully aware, about kids not wanting to learn this stuff.

I was at the local trade school the other night, the place I attended High School. Hoping my kids will go there.

Mark, enjoy your semi-retirement! Enjoy your time...
          Best wishes!

Comment

Sorry to see your skills will become less available, but glad you can enjoy some rest in semi-retirement.

Comment

Best wishes Mark, retirement (semi-retirement) is a goal that we are all working towards.

Comment

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
              X