A VERY Long Shot Rifle Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A VERY Long Shot Rifle Hunt

I know this is a very long shot in looking for this rifle but I'm hoping whoever I sold it to might be on here or at least know its whereabouts. Here's the story:
    I sold a M40A1ish rifle to someone about 10 years ago in I believe Southern Kentucky. I believe it had a modified Leupold 16x scope at the time, MCMillan camo HTG stock etc.
    Here is the kicker, the last 3 digits of the serial number was 666. If you have this rifle or know where it is please contact me.

Why would you want that devil rifle back?! Lol. Good luck with your search!

Comment

It's actually the very first rifle I ever built by myself, the serial number is just coincidental. I don't figure I'll ever see it again but it is sentimental to me as I look back on the years I have been building and shooting.

Comment

Hope you find it and the owner is willing to give it up.

I would have a hard time giving up either of my Raven Rifles but for this case I likely would.

You are being missed over at Snipers Hide.

Dude is looking to get some receivers clip slotted and your departure from the build guild is being lamented.
        "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

• Raven 6
          Raven 6 commented
          Editing a comment
          This rifle was built long before Raven Rifles existed, and has a crazy checkered past. I appreciate the update on the Hide, I would have posted over there but it looks like they apparently have a new policy that you have to pay to post a want to buy??????

• pmclaine
          pmclaine commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah Lowlight is trying to make sure his creation creates him some money.

I dont blame him for that I guess. kind of sucks though because every once in a great while I come across something to sell on a whim and it was nice just throwing it out there on the chance someone may want it.

Someone posted a question looking for a gunsmith to spec clip slot some receivers and blueprint same...that was how you were favorably brought into the conversation.
      Working...
      X