Quantico Vintage Rifle Match 4/21/18 through 4/22/18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quantico Vintage Rifle Match 4/21/18 through 4/22/18

Is anybody going down to the match next weekend? I just registered at QSC and purchased my airfair, no refunds....LOL...Going to shoot both days. If anybody wants to meet up, just throw me a p.m. prior to the match.

Bill
    Last edited by Bildoe308; 04-14-2018, 09:31 PM.

Enjoy.....always a great time with great people...Hate Ill miss it ...Again

Comment

Copy that Rim8541 For the fella's who are going to show up, please register online before the match A.S.A.P. if you haven't done so. The club is trying to finalize how many target pullers are needed in the pits.

http://www.quanticoshootingclub.com/...r?reset=1&id=7

Bill

Comment

I'll be there with a Winchester 70

Comment

Going to shoot my A1......an old pic from last year when I still traveled for work.
          Last edited by Bildoe308; 04-16-2018, 07:37 PM.

Comment

I plan to be there on Saturday with my old 1903A1 w/ 8x scope.
            Not yet sure about Sunday, but hope to use my modern rifle on that day.

Comment

I hope you all shoot well. I really hope you all take lots of pictures....

Comment

I was planning to go, unfortunately life got in the way. Have a great time!

Comment

Lots pictures, lots of pictures please.

and if someone would check for me....

See what the acceptance is of kids at the event. I have a 9 and 11 year old. Can they be my behind the firing line crew?

Maybe I could think about doing this trip in the fall as a family thing.

They could be my gear slaves and maybe if they are good for a prize Ill take them to the USMC Museum for some education.
                  "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Don't worry about pics, as I always take them during the warm-up sessions, and of course if the M40A1s are taken to the event.
                    I'll ask about kids under 18 with the Quantico Shooting Club person. That might be a no-go...but we'll see.
                    Weather looks cooperative for the weekend, no rain and I don't think it will be windy either. Should be good times...

Comment

Fixed some targets today for the match tomorrow (4/21) and I got to meet the Chief Warrant Officer and Master Guns of PWS....Down to earth fella's......
                      Last edited by Bildoe308; 04-21-2018, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Targets are up and ready to go....imagine that clay pigeons on the burm....

Comment

Sorry Fella's, I didn't get a chance to take a lot of pictures....to busy shooting the match..LOL...... Edward Land Jr.calling wind with his Signature western apparel....

Comment

300 Yard Line yesterday

Comment

Some M40A1's from PWS....

Comment

• kft101
                                kft101 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Thanks for taking pics! Always great to see actual service rifles and can never get enough of real M40A1s.

• SemperFi
                                SemperFi commented
                                Editing a comment
                                It's nice to see the E rifle has finally shed the Simrad cap. JMPO
                            Working...
                            X