Quantico Vintage Rifle Match 4/21/18 through 4/22/18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quantico Vintage Rifle Match 4/21/18 through 4/22/18

Is anybody going down to the match next weekend? I just registered at QSC and purchased my airfair, no refunds....LOL...Going to shoot both days. If anybody wants to meet up, just throw me a p.m. prior to the match.

Bill
    Last edited by Bildoe308; 04-14-2018, 09:31 PM.

• Random Guy
    commented on 's reply
    The Creedmoor Sports ammo is probably the highest quality 30-06 match ammo made today: Lapua 167 Scenar bullets, Lapua brass and excellent accuracy. (not sure about powder type) Cost from CMP is $135 per 100 shipped, and the price of Lapua brass in 30-06 is over $100, so its a good deal. (My youngest kid had a fever until Tuesday (virus), but is fine now, thanks for asking)

http://estore.thecmp.org/Catalog/Item/4C3006CS167-100

• Bildoe308
    replied

I just want to give a huge Thank you to everybody (Pit Pullers, RSO’s, “OIC/Master Guns/PWS Marines” and QSC Members) for taking the time to organize and run this match. Make the time for this match, you won’t regret it! Special Thanks to the folks who took me in and gave me a place to stay during the match.....You know who you are.....oh yeah and Gunny for workin me like a borrowed mule the day before the match....LOL..
    Last edited by Bildoe308; 04-24-2018, 11:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bildoe308
    replied

I call this a Good Problem to have which M40A1 to shoot.....HHHMMMM...
    Last edited by Bildoe308; 04-23-2018, 10:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bildoe308
    replied

1000 Yard Line Sunday

Leave a comment:

• Hlavinka
    replied
    I find the Creedmoor 30-06 ammo to be excellent!

Leave a comment:

• pmclaine
    commented on 's reply
    PS How are you liking the Creedmoor 30-06 ammo? Better than your own reloads?

• pmclaine
    commented on 's reply
    Hope your kids better.

• Random Guy
    replied
    I made it Saturday to the match for the first 2 stages, but couldn't stay for the 3rd stage or make it out on Sunday (my youngest kid spiked a high fever Saturday/Sunday, so I stayed home). Good times as usual. Weather was great and I got to talk with some forums members. Dropped 3 points at 300 yards (147-2x, but my shooting partner cleaned it, 150-8x).
    My score fell apart at 600, possible exacerbated by some erratic wind gusts that afternoon, but with target exposures of 15 seconds, you have to take the shot regardless.
    I hope to come back at Memorial Day and Sept too for the next matches.
    Saturday morning line-up Hlavinka and his M70 on the line Two 1903A1s at 300 yards

Leave a comment:

• Random Guy
    replied
    Pics of some USMC M40A1s, plus an M40A3 build.
    M40A3 built at PWS and a USMC M40A1. That is a thin crown on this M40A1. Two USMC M40A1s, one is right is Mr Bipod Stud

Leave a comment:

• Hlavinka
    replied
    That's for taking pics. It was fun to see you guys.
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• SemperFi
    commented on 's reply
    It's nice to see the E rifle has finally shed the Simrad cap. JMPO

• kft101
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for taking pics! Always great to see actual service rifles and can never get enough of real M40A1s.

• pmclaine
    replied
    Looks like more shooters than pictures typically depict.

Long winter I guess, people want to get out.

Leave a comment:

• rlm8541
    replied
    What a great turn out Bildoe308. Looks like you guys had great weather as well. Jealous!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X