Collapse

The Gallery gone for good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mace: you make many points spot on. As to this sights decline, I see a direct relationship to those who flamed others, including Ryan who flamed a poster for restoring a M40 purchased thru CMP as a 6BR chambered competition rifle built from a M40 by the AMU. Ryan later being flamed for posting TMI on the decision by the Corps on adopting the MK13 mod 7 platform. The old adage of “Live by the sword,die by the sword” or, “If you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen” applies....We are where we are, and preserving this sight is of interest to me. I will support John Nors’ efforts if someone can figure out how to save the sight. The recent bidding on gunbroker for a non smear return stock shows me there is still a lot of interest in the M40 series by collectors. I personally still search for a smear and greenie scope, but do not expect to locate one thru this sight. The last greenie that surfaced was thru the M14rifle sight, quickly snagged by Ryan at $5k from what I understand.

Comment

Anyone on here shoot any rifles recently?

Post your groups and favorite load.

and whats peoples opinion on 1:8, 21 inch, LH twist .308 barrels?
      "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

pmclaine: yes I shot a rifle New Year’s Eve, my MK18 clone, 2 stamp, sbr and KAC NT4, with my PVS 17b. I only shoot it night vision 2 times a year, as I do not have access to a range that allows night shooting. Of course a 5.56. I can’t help with your reloading question as I only shoot 7.62 M118lr in mil spec rifles. I do enjoy your custom rifle postings, and understand why you have to develop custom loads for your unique rifles. Back on topic: still interested in saving this web sight

Comment

I'm going to try to answer everyone's questions and concerns with a few statements:
          1. The gallery is not dead. It's just broke and I need to get it fixed.
          2. There haven't been any changes to the server since the day the website went live in 2015. (No bandwidth changes, hosting changes, etc.) The forum software itself has changed many times to keep up-to-date.
          3. Even though I'm not around as much as I used to be, I should be receiving e-mail notifications whenever someone PM's me. However, something went wrong and my e-mail stopped working. I will update my e-mail to a Gmail account so that doesn't happen again.
          4. This site is a money pit. However, like Phil said, as long as the hosting company gets paid it will be live. There are no plans to shut down the site. If there ever were, I would give everyone a well-in-advance notice.
          "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

Comment

• deltawiskey
            deltawiskey commented
            Editing a comment
            We are here to help keep this site going, please feel free to reach out.
            Thanks for the update!
            DW

If you put up a link I’m sure some of us would contribute. I’m happy to support the site if there’s a mechanism to do so.

Comment

Thanks much for the response.

Comment

The gallery is working again and the classifieds pages are too. If there's anything else that doesn't seem to work right, please shoot me a PM.
              "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

Comment

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
              X