Certificate Error Warning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certificate Error Warning!

Why have I been running up against a Certificate Error Warning for the past week strongly advising against opening this web site? Makes me nervous.
    You can take a Marine out of the Corps, but you can't take the Corps out of a Marine.

Web traffic is divided into two types of comms: there's plain text (sites that begin in "http://..." and then there's ciphered text (sites that begin in "https://...").

For websites to have their inbound and outbound traffic encrypted so everything isn't sent over plain text (and easily readable by anyone that intercepts said traffic), they have to create and install an SSL certificate. These certificates are customized per domain and are usually purchased from a company that serves websites.

These SSL certificates also have an expiration period and need to be renewed when that happens.

It looks like the SSL certificate for this website expired recently and whoever administers it needs to renew and re-install the certificate.

Comment

• Andy
      Andy commented
      Editing a comment
      kft, is this SSL Certificate relatively new? over the past few months I've received this same "warning" when trying to access the Hide, Badger Ord and a few others. not being a computer-guy this stuff is very confusing. is there a work-around to view these pages when this warning pops up? Thx, Andy

I've been getting the same thing when I try to log on.

Comment

I was getting the warning for a few days until now. The certificate renewal may have processed and everything is fine now.

Comment

Everything's been in order for a few days now, so I thought I should come back and say Thank You!
        You can take a Marine out of the Corps, but you can't take the Corps out of a Marine.

Comment

Advertisement

Collapse

Working...
        X