X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSRP $1320
    CALL TODAY TO GET YOUR V-22 ACTION!

MSRP: $1770
    CALL TODAY TO GET YOUR V-22 BARRELED ACTION!

Thats a little out of my price range

Comment

• J!m
      J!m commented
      Editing a comment
      I noticed that too. A vintage target .22 in quite nice shape is in that range

• pmclaine
      pmclaine commented
      Editing a comment
      A vintage .22 target certainly appeals to me but it won't come with a Bartlein barrel nor have DBM capability.

I'll agree the price is high but I think they have the quality and performance to justify if you are looking for a trainer/comp gun.

People were cutting up Vintage 40X to build these. A 40X will cost you $1K than you end up losing the vintage value of it converting it. The work and parts to convert also cost money.

There are a lot of other options that will shoot well for less but these will build awesome M40 trainers for those that want them.

• J!m
      J!m commented
      Editing a comment
      Off the top of my head the Winchester 52 and 75 are both DBM. Neither have a Barelin barrel however...

Of course I am partial to the V-22, but pmclaine said it well. The converted 40x rifles run $1000-$1200 for a donor rifle, $700-800 for the conversion and then $400-500 to buy and fit a new barrel. That’s $2100-2500. The Vudoo comes with a Timney 510 for that price too.

Something I find interesting is that one of the most popular stock options for these rifles has been the J Allen chassis at $1800.

Here is my personal favorite. I pillar bedded this one earlier this week. Click image for larger version

Name:	34F4B52E-8272-4179-8A2A-81369E4994FF.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	31967

Comment

• pmclaine
      pmclaine commented
      Editing a comment
      Why do they all seem to come with short barrels. I get it they are .22s but its lacking something aesthetically to me.

Win 52, Rem 40X my Win 75 all have much longer barrels and dont seem to suffer.

If a Vudoo ever makes it to the top of my list, and believe me one is on my list, Id go with your wood M40A1 stock, parkerizing, and a 23 - 24 inch heavy barrel.

Guess that kind of kills the whole idea of lightweight trainer though.

• steveu
      steveu commented
      Editing a comment
      The longer barrels on the 40X, 52 & 75 and others are for sight radius with iron sights. Some smallbore shooters have cut their barrels down to improve accuracy and loose some weight, then added a "bloop tube" to get the sight radius back.

• deltawiskey
      deltawiskey commented
      Editing a comment
      pm, the shorter barrel is preferred (by me at least) for running a suppressor to keep the overall length manageable.
      DW

Don't get me wrong they are great looking rifles and the ability to use off the shelf 700 parts and stocks is a plus but 1800 is more than I paid to put together my current M40 and over a thousand more than my CZ455PVT that itself shoots MOA or less so ill just stick with that ...maybe sell my Manners stock and get a McMillan M40 stock which not wood is close to the shape of a M40

Comment

I think this thread has officially been hijacked. Sorry about that. This will be my last Vudoo plug and then we can start a new thread.

I have never seen a rimfire shoot any better than these V-22s. Here is a picture and text shared by Firaerms and Tactical Consultants on their Instagram After Shooting their V-22 for the first time.

“Looks like this Vudoo Gun Works 22LR is a shooter! Small dot is 25 yards, measures right at .25 inches, maybe less. Best group was at 50 yards, under .25 inches. At 100 yards it was about .35 inches. Steel is at 300 yards. Elevation was 13.5 Mils, held 1 mil left wind. First round is high right, final three measures 2.5 inches. Ammunition is Remington ELEY Match 40 grain at 1085 fps. Scope is a Vortex Optics Viper PST 3-15 x 44, Modular Evolution LLC bi-pod and a Dead Air Silencers Mask HD suppressor. Stock is a J Allen Enterprises, Inc., look for some more coverage using my GRAYBOE Renegade. #vudoo #vudoogunworks #eleyammunition #vortexoptics #vortexpst #evobipods #evolutionbipod #deadair #deadairarmament #deadairmaskhd #deadairmask #jallen”
      Attached Files

Comment

No worries Dep Vudoo makes a nice product

Comment

My 40x in a 700 Police stock will shoot up to Vudoo standards , just not a repeater . But it is an absolute blast to shoot all day . The more I shoot it the more it slides to the top of my fun factor as number 1

Comment

• DepTaylor
            DepTaylor commented
            Editing a comment
            My last single shot 40X is Being converted next week. There isn’t a thing wrong with the 40X except for trying to find one. Vudoo really exists because there is just a limited number of single shots remaining. And it seems like the pool dries up a little more each month.

The sell every week on gun broker. They made plenty of them to go around. To me a US Property item is always cooler than an upstart company. If the price is the same, I will always lean towards the Remington. If Vudoo is less and I want a shooter then that would be my choice. I look at what I can get my money back out of in this market. I have never lost money on Gov/military items.

Comment

Working...
          X