Advertisement

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice 6 digit for sale...

I bought my 5 digit off this seller he is gtg.

https://forum.snipershide.com/forum/...mington-action
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Appears this has sold.

Thinking about it a bit....any chance that receiver came from a different service M40?

Looks outside the USMC range but probably a 1968 or so receiver. Not being a super educated guy on these does the US and clip slotting look like it might have been a Remington job?

Looks like a reblue.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_79926.jpg Views:	1 Size:	202.3 KB ID:	32114

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_79927.jpg Views:	1 Size:	183.7 KB ID:	32115

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_79928.jpg Views:	1 Size:	176.4 KB ID:	32116

Last edited by pmclaine; 12-06-2017, 09:20 PM.
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

It wasn't/isn't. He bought it off of a guy on gun broker. I emailed with the guy and he had the work done by a friend.

Comment

Its a great looking receiver and the seller is good to go.

When I saw that it had sold I started looking at it closer thinking perhaps it was something rarer than I was figuring.

Anyway nice turnkey build.

Comment

Working...
        X