X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cmp 6257309

What do you guys think about this one?

http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail....gton-Model-700

I think its awesome and will cost more than I could spend.
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

I was quietly watching it, in hopes it would fly under the radar somehow and sell low...oh well, I know it was just a dream
      DW

Comment

• pmclaine
        pmclaine commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah its at $451 now, probably top out at about $900

32 bids already, 8 days left, 1500$. Hard to put a price on it, but I expect high 4 digits...

Aug. '69 gun, 7.62 NATO markings on the barrel shank. That's a legit 7-digits rifle.

I will update the 7-digits rifle thead when the aunction is over.

Comment

Im guessing the bidding will explode at the last moment.

Someone out there wants it and has deep pockets.
        "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

• MescaBug
          MescaBug commented
          Editing a comment
          My thougths exactly..!

Given the prices that some of the barreled actions alone have gone for, and with issues too, I'll be very surprised if it doesn't make well into five figures...

Comment

Not sure why there is no information whatsoever about the rifle. It is sold as a plain jane Remington 700.

The CMP knows what it is... or maybe they dont?

Comment

• Majikani
            Majikani commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm sure they do, and they figure it speaks for itself...

Only 4 bids in 2 days, and already at 4K$. Expect a brutal bidding war.

Comment

Working...
          X