Views:	1
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	37361

Click image for larger version

Name:	P7238017.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	37362

Couple of minor nicks that should clean up in prepping for a refinish and as shown it was full of dirt.

$23.35 plus about $7 in shipping.

Got to think thats a cheaper route than having your gunsmith do a setup on a machine and turn down a long bolt shroud.
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

I have shortened half a dozen of them for myself and others for $25 which included return shipping in a small flat rate box. Not making anything after a bit of lathe time and a trip to the PO. Mainly do it to help out others who like to fondle the M40 & A1's. I am used to fondling short things!

Comment

SD did 3 shrouds for me. All turned out very nice!

Comment

We will forever now know SD as the "Mohel" of barrel shrouds.
        "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Originally posted by pmclaine View Post
          We will forever now know SD as the "Mohel" of barrel shrouds.
          Just a little off the tip...

Comment

Come on guys, quit using big words about me that I cannot spell or know the meaning of!!! No dictionaries in this corner of the state. lol

Comment

Originally posted by SDWhirlwind View Post
              Come on guys, quit using big words about me that I cannot spell or know the meaning of!!! No dictionaries in this corner of the state. lol
              Just proudly proclaim yourself the best "Mohel" (pronounce as moil) around and offer your services to anyone that wants them whenever you enter a room. Be proud.

Comment

I assume the shroud would have to be refinished after shorting?

Comment

Originally posted by SDWhirlwind View Post
                  I have shortened half a dozen of them for myself and others for $25 which included return shipping in a small flat rate box. Not making anything after a bit of lathe time and a trip to the PO. Mainly do it to help out others who like to fondle the M40 & A1's. I am used to fondling short things!
                  I might hit you up in a few months if thats OK

Comment

I ordered 3 of them after reading this post. They are correct and you can't beat the price.

Comment

Working...
                    X