M40 manual

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M40 manual

It has been a few years since I asked this question. Does anyone have a digital copy of the original manual for the M-40, not the A1? I like defender3's idea of putting stuff like this on dropbox.

Cheers,
    Steve

Do you have a TM number or anything I can search for?

ETA - Looks like I need to find Marine Corps Stock List SL-4-05539A, Repair Parts List for RIFLE 7.62mm M40.
    Last edited by Defender3; 11-21-2018, 03:41 PM.

Comment

I think it is FMFM 1-3b from 1967 or 1969. The only copy I can find on the Internet is for the M40A1.

Comment

I have this coming; as soon as I get it, I'll see how hard it will be to take it apart and scan.

Help me out though, it says M40A1 but is dated 1961, which I thought was years before the A1s were fielded.

Comment

• Majikani
          Majikani commented
          Editing a comment
          If anyone has an extra 1981 A1 manual, I am looking for one. FYI there are multiples of the 1969 Marine sniper FMFM 1-3B on ebay right now...

• Defender3
          Defender3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Majikani - Do you mean the Lancer Publication A1 versions? I didn't see any for the 1969 M40 version on eBay.

It says 1981.

Comment

• Defender3
          Defender3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Geeeezus, I'll put my glasses back on...

HERE'S SOME OF THE PAGES OUT OF THE AUGUST 5 1969 EDITION:

http://forum.snipershide.com/threads...-manual.96187/
        jack1911

Comment

• steveu
          steveu commented
          Editing a comment
          That's the manual I have been looking for. I think it would be great to have a complete copy of here.

• Defender3
          Defender3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like it was sold on eBay in 2017 for around $700.

I have a line on one, but it's too early to tell what might happen.

Here is the cover of the Aug.5 1969 Sniper Army Manual, that I think you are looking for. Yes it did go for $700+ on Ebay last year.

jack1911

Comment

• Defender3
          Defender3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for posting the picture. If it's going to be some serious cash, then my journey will be short! I just wanted a copy to scan for record.

jack1911

Comment

There are several copies of FMFM 1-3B, Sniping, 1969 on ebay. Looks like they are repros.

Comment

• Defender3
            Defender3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I ordered one today. I previously discounted those as I thought they may be repros of an A1 version. I think Lancer produced them in 1991. I was hoping to get an original so I could scan it and post it as the Lancer is probably copyrighted.

• Hawk
            Hawk commented
            Editing a comment
            I ordered one also. The description stated that it was from 1969.

Originally posted by Piteously Uninformed View Post
          Yes it did go for $700+ on Ebay last year.
          Why??! The ONLY reason a copy of that should go that high is if there were provenance to a famous sniper in VietNam. I'd offer mine up for sale at only $500, and in much better shape, but I know they normally go for under $50, so that wouldn't be right. I need to be able to sleep at night.

You can take a Marine out of the Corps, but you can't take the Corps out of a Marine.

Comment

Www.raparts.com has the aug 69 on disc for 20 bucks.

Comment

I received an original today. I was a bit leery when I ordered, but I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the package to find a basically unused copy. It's in too good a condition to deconstruct to scan, so I'll have to wait and see what the other pending arrivals look like.

Comment

Working...
              X