X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Stock

cruising ebay i found this. Looks like it would be a good project

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Remington-7...-/302983700227

Description says heavy barrel, would definitely be a good project rifle with a heavy M40A1 profile barrel.

Comment

What makes it a police stock?

Fore end doesnt look like those I have seen described as "Police".

This is the type of post someone might ask you to keep on the QT .
      "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Also didnt "Police" use plastic butt plates?
        "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

How did that Taylor stock bet so thrashed in such short order? No wonder they want to sell it.
          You can take a Marine out of the Corps, but you can't take the Corps out of a Marine.

Comment

• pmclaine
            pmclaine commented
            Editing a comment
            Hmmm hadnt considered that angle.

Kyle should be proud.

Oh, NOOOOOOOOOO ............Did some poor serious collector or one of his buddies get screwed over because this link was posted here?? waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

Lol it just sold for $930

Comment

Wish they had pictures of the interior milling that might better define it.

Comment

• SDWhirlwind
                SDWhirlwind commented
                Editing a comment
                For entertainment I actually did bid the $301. For some reason there were no pics of barrel channel, no pics of bottom to see where and if any holes existed for sling loops and butt plated looked 'virgin' compared to wood condition. Heck I am not GREEDY and out to make money, not why I use/shoot M40/A1 style rifles. My interest in them is why they exist and what they accomplished in the hands of some of the greatest warriors this country were blessed to have. This tain't about money, greed, self serving etc to me. Thinking perhaps we need to start a "me too" movement for greedy narcissist that have bawled their way off this site because us turd birds flew over and dropped a 'floater' in their puddin!

Sure wish I had some "buddies" to set around with and "discuss" why the peasants always find and mess up their cream dreams.

I ended up going to 260 on it and bailed. Way higher than i oroginally intended. Curious as to what the real story is on this thing

Comment

Well, that certainly went high!
                Did someone on here get it by chance??
                DW

Comment

I'll post pictures when it arrives
                  You can take a Marine out of the Corps, but you can't take the Corps out of a Marine.

Comment

Which will be NEVER! Hahahaha! Had you guys going, huh?
                    Considering what smears go for now, if the buyer was able to confirm this was a true M40 stock, then I guess the price is not so far out of range these days.

Comment

Working...
                    X