sling loop locations and instalation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sling loop locations and instalation

gents, i have an awesome wife and she hooked me up with a DepTaylor stock order tonight for Christmas. i already have the witchita slings for installation. i have heard there is debate on the actual measumenta for sling loop locations. is there a general consensus...atleast on this page regarding that? also, for those of you who have installled them, any tips on installing the loops?

Dep Taylor installed my swivels.

He actually got his hands on the last of some Remington produced swivels.

You might want to ask him if he can send your stock with swivels and butt plate fitted.

He does good work.

Save your Wichitas for an A1 or send them to Kyle for install.
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

ok, well is there any way you would be willing to grab a couple measurments for me. i already ordered the loops for this stock as what i’m gonna go with. just looking for the distance off the butt of the stock and distance from the from edge of the forearm. any help from you guys would be appreciated

Comment

My bad now that I think about it my swivels are in a plastic bag with my stock at ravens in line to be built out.

I have a thread about the MaWhinney stocks that included the measurements and photos. Let me see if I can find it.
        "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

I can check for you, but it may take me a day or two.

Comment

I took pictures of the MaWhinney stock features but only used the tape as reference.

Probably no value.....

https://www.m40rifle.com/forum/m40/7...-tribute-stock

Comment

Steveu....awesome I appreciate it. Yeah I’m the hoofball at a Xmas family get together playing on my phone. so i get it lol

Comment

Pmclaine, the best i can figure is that the front loop sits approx 3 inched back from the forward edge using the photos provided. didn’t see any reference for the rear loop though. still helpful. thank you Sir. That bedding job is beautiful in that stock. i’d like to get a similar bedding and pillar job in mine when it arrives

Comment

Comment

That is from toe of buttplate to swivel.

Comment

outstanding!! thank you for those pics. i’ll definately reference when setting up my sling loops

Comment

Mine are at 2-1/2" from end of wood. Best to put a piece of painter's tape on the wood prior to measuring. Then use a punch to start hope for screw so that the drill bit doesn't slide one way or the other. Using a drill the size of the shaft of the swivel inside the threads, drill the hole about 1/4" less than the length of the swivel screw. leave tape in place until you get close to the end of screwing the swivel in then remove and finish.

Comment

I didn't have anything to reference mine so used the measurement from one of my M14s.

Comment

well boys, my stock showed up this afternoon. looks beautiful. I’ll install the swivels hopefully tonight and then post some pics.

Comment

So I got her all mounted up. All that I’m missing now is getting the bolt plug trimmed to length, clipslottting and parkerizing

Comment

• pmclaine
                                pmclaine commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Great looking rifle.
                            Working...
                            X